My Queen: On my way home to you.

And Cheryl breathes a sigh of relief.

-

Cheryl hates Jughead.

Every time she sees him, she feels sick to her stomach. She sees him and remembers that stupid USB with that stupid video. She remembers how cruel he was, and it reminds her of how much she wants to sock him in the face. But she doesn't. Cheryl stays silent because Toni adores Jughead, she thinks he's just the best thing in Riverdale. If only Toni knew, Cheryl would love to see what her overprotective girlfriend would do to Jughead then.

"Babe, Pop's tonight or did...oh. Jughead." Cheryl pauses and rolls her eyes. "I didn't know we were having company."

Jughead scoffs, "You aren't. I'm here for Toni."

"Don't be an ass." Toni snaps as she glares at Jughead before her soft brown eyes gleam Cheryl's way. "So, Pop's?"

"We'll discuss it when we don't have a homeless vampire sitting on our couch." Cheryl chirps, and Toni simply laughs under her breath. "So, what are we talking about?"

"Nothing."

Toni shrugs and looks up at Cheryl, "Just about something he and Betty are looking into. He was asking me for some advice."

"Advice?" Cheryl repeats as she drops onto the couch opposite the pair.

"It doesn't concern you, don't worry about it. I'll be out of your hair as soon as I'm done." Jughead assures her as he glares at Cheryl. "Anyway, as I was saying, Betty and I found a lead for the Black Hood."

"Oh." Toni frowns.

"Betty and I are planning to do some investigating about his hideout." Jughead begins, and Toni arches an eyebrow. "We're planning to look around Southside and you know the area better than us. Would you mind giving us a hand?"

Toni hesitates, "I..."

"No. Absolutely not." Cheryl cuts in, and she folds her arms over her chest as two pairs of wide eyes look to her. "I'm not going to let you rope Toni into one of your stupid Murder She Wrote investigations. She doesn't need to..."

"I didn't ask if you were okay with it." Jughead scoffs.

Cheryl bares her teeth at him for a moment, "I don't care. She's my girlfriend and I know how your little missions go, you'll save yourself and your precious Corpse Bride and leave Toni to fend for herself. Not happening."

"Toni has a mind of her own. She's a grown woman. She can make her own decisions." Jughead snaps as he rolls his eyes.

"I never said she can't make her own decisions, but this is something I know she'll agree with me on. The entire town knows about how you and Betty work." Cheryl sneers. "Toni has enough on her plate with the Serpents, she doesn't need to add Nancy Drew to her list."

"She's right, Jug." Toni sighs, and she hears Cheryl's hum of approval just over Jughead's scoff. "I already cause her enough stress with Serpent business, I shouldn't add to it."

"I would keep you safe..."

"I'm sure you would, but I can't." Toni whispers.

"But..."

Cheryl hisses in frustration, "She said no, Hot Topic. Would you like to buy a vowel? Phone a friend? Get a clue?"

"Cher." Toni scolds. "Stop."

"I think I should probably go." Jughead mumbles as he stands to grab his jacket. "I guess I'll see you at tomorrow's meeting."

Cheryl continues to seethe as Toni walks Jughead out. By the time he's gone, Cheryl is up and pacing; she isn't sure why she feels like this, like she has splinters in her chest and they're leaving marks in her heart. She feels like she can't breathe. She's just so mad. Jughead has no concept of understanding when people tell him no, when people don't agree to go along with his barely thought out plan. He doesn't care, and that's what frustrates Cheryl the most.