X

└➤The devil of Posada─────┐

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

└➤The devil of Posada─────┐

Geralt groans in pain and opens his eyes not knowing where he is. As his eyes focus and he sees Triss mixing something. She turns around to see him now awake, "your scars. those heal quite nicely. Your will to live is strong." Triss says smiling at him. "Elena? The princess?" Geralt grunts out. "For the princess, I have arranged for her to stay awhile with the sisters of Melitele. And as for Elena... she uh, she hasn't woken up yet." Triss sadly looks at the said girl who is on the right side of Geralt.

Geralt follows the woman's eyesight and sees Elena next to his right on her own little bed. He tears his eyes away from the girl and looks back at Triss, "but... I... bit the princess.. her neck." He slowly says. "And she will heal too. You should know that Foltest issued a statement. The honorable Lord Ostrirt gave his life to slay the Vukodlak. Miners are gathering ore for a statue." Geralt grunts and tries to sit up.

"Anyone else would have killed the princess. You chose not to." Before Geralt could answer both he and Triss heard Elena whimper. "Freedom." The girl calls out. "Throne." She whimpers again. Both Triss and Geralt looked at the girl in concern. Elena's eyes flew open and she sits up with a gasp. She felt her body drenched with sweat. "Elena are you okay?" Triss asks rushing over to the girl. Elena looks around all dazed, "where am I?" she softly asks.

"Back at the castle. It was touch and go for a while if you would live or not." Triss explains to the girl. "Oh." That is all Elena says with furrowed brows. "I'll take my coin now. I want to get back to my horse." Geralt grunts out just as he stands up and slightly limps towards Elena to help her up. "Who's Renfri?" Triss asks. Both Elena and Geralt come to a still, more so Geralt than Elena. "It's just you kept saying her name over and over. And Elena you whimpered about freedom and something about a throne," Triss says looking at both of them.

"My coin." Geralt grunts out. Elena couldn't say anything, the brunette was too shocked to even utter a word. "So that's all life is to you? Monsters and money?" Triss asks and takes a few steps towards Geralt and Elena. "It's all it needs to be." Geralt grunts out. Triss studies him before slowly walking a little more until she stands in front of him and Elena. "You say this is all life is to you, but there is a vortex of fate around all of us, Geralt, growing with each and every one of our choices... drawing our destines in closer." Triss then hands Geralt something and he looks down at it and pulls a broach out of the brown pouch. "I feel something out there waits for you. Something more." Triss says with a small smile on her face.

She then gets up and walks over to the benchtop and grabs another brown pouch that sounds a lot like coins. Triss hands the coins to Geralt and nods her head. "Let's go." Geralt says and together he and Elena leave the castle and Temria altogether to walk back to the other village that they had been before to grab Roach and pay the man that is in charge of the brothel.

‧͙⁺˚*  ‧͙

After Elena and Geralt had been traveling for what seemed like a long time, they finally get into the village of Posada. Geralt leads Roach through the streets and comes to a stop to tie her up to a post outside the tavern. He helps Elena down and together they walk into the tavern, "I'll go get us some drinks." Elena says and nudges Geralt to find a table somewhere. "You think your safe, without a care." A man sings as he strums his lute. Elena orders some soup and a jug of lukewarm beer for her and Geralt. Elena carries the soup while the barmaid helps with bringing the jug full of beer along with two cups.