Chapter 43

The following day, we were called to yet another meeting. Heisenberg was already there, along with Miranda.

"Hello, Juliet," Miranda said. But she wasn't looking at me, but at something across the room.

To my surprise, there was a third member. An unconscious blonde man. He was about thirty or so. About six feet tall I'd say. On his left hand he was missing three fingers. His green jacket was extremely bloodied.

It was disturbing, though I'd seen much worse. I looked from Miranda to Heisenberg searching for an answer. Karl's eyes met mine for a spilt second but then snapped away.

Miranda finally gazed in my direction, "This is the child's father. Ethan Winters."

I was stunned. "Mother, you said that they would not interf-"
"You dare question me?"

Miranda's voice came out cold and mean, not like she had ever talked to me. I stepped back slightly. A gust of wind came our way, blowing my hair about and almost sending Karl's hat flying.

Then, the sound of several footsteps startled all of us. Donna–holding Angie– came through the entrance trailed by Moreau. Finally, Lady Dimitrescu ducked through holding her cigarette.

They all stopped when they saw Ethan. Alcina was first to speak up, "Mother Miranda! What is this?!"

Miranda sighed, "Sit down, all of you. I shall explain."

About ten minutes through Miranda's and Alcina's boring speech, I noticed a movement. The man across the room, Ethan Winters, had awoken.

Angie twirled about, "He's aw-ake!" Moreau then did the same, or at least tried to. They squabbled for a moment while Heisenberg was trying to talk.

"Both of you shut the fuck up!" he snapped, then continued uninterrupted, "You mean you'll screw around with him in private where's the fun in that?"

He then turned his gaze to Miranda, "Give him to me, and I'll out on a show that everyone can enjoy!"
"Ugh, so gouache," Lady Dimitrescu cut in, "What do we care for bread and circuses? The man-thing's suffering is assured regardless."
"Yeah, yeah. The man's dick is cut off in the castle! Blah, blah, blah..."

Miranda then decided to stop the petty fight, "I've heard all your arguments. Some of you were less persuasive than others, but, I've made my decision."

She pointed at Karl, "Heisenberg! The man's fate is in your hand-"

Lady Dimitrescu interrupted yet again, "Mother Miranda I must protest!" She startled walking across the room. "Heisenberg is but a child and his devotion to you is questionable! Give the mortal to me and I will be sure he is ready!"

Heisenberg and Alcina fought for a few minutes, before Miranda yelled out. "Silence! My decision is final, there will be no argument. Remember from whence you came!"

Karl thanked Miranda, then broke Ethan free and his restraints and started the show.