Chapter 1

It was dusk. The sun was setting behind my small cottage, and the moon rising in front of me. I sat in my rocking chair on my porch, slowly swaying while finishing up a dress I had been working on.

I stitched the final thread, and tied it up. Slowly, I stood from my seat and held the dress out in front of me.

It was light blue with an embroidery of butterflies on the bottom. The waistline sat bellow my bust, which was the vintage style then.

Satisfied, I ventured inside my home. I put the dress on my dinning table, which also happened to be the table I ironed on. After some careful consideration, I decided to iron it the next day. So, I put the iron on the table next to the dress and started to go upstairs to go to sleep.

But suddenly, I heard a strange noise. Like the song of a bird. Intrigued, I looked out my window. There was a black bird on my porch.

I went outside to see if it was hurt, but it hopped away. So, I followed it. It made its way to the nearby forest, and guided me deep within it. I knew I should have been heading back homeward, but I couldn't seem to get a hold of myself.

The black bird stopped hopping, and a flurry of feathers surrounded it. Black wings unfolded and revealed a tall, light haired woman. I stood there stunned. Then, suddenly, I fell to the ground.

"Hopefully she will be the one for you, my darling daughter," the woman said.

With that, I closed my eyes and fell unconscious.