Chapter 22

The same day Miranda gave me that note, she also gave me something else.

There was a large manor in a shadowy part on the north end of the village. It was surrounded by pine trees, but was also open enough that it wasn't cramped.

Miranda gave me the estate because she said it would accommodate me and my powers nicely. But, also because the one thing she left out of the note entailing all my abilities.

This is how Miranda said it,
"She is sensitive to the light, natural or artificial. If she stays in a very concentrated light for more than an hour, she will deteriorate into a phantom version of herself and can be killed. Though killing her is no small task, still having at least three times the healing factor of a normal human female."

So, the fact that the area was dark and shadowy helped immensely.

   January 6, 1921 was the day I moved into the place Mother Miranda now called Stone Manor.

We walked through the village to get there, since we stayed on the south side of the village for a while. But, I had to wear a dark gray dress and have a black parasol at all times.

The people were bustling all about, but would bow and curtsy whenever Miranda walked by. They praised her like a god. It was frightening at some times.

After a while we reached the estate. I settled in pretty quickly, granted I didn't have a lot of things with me.

It was already furnished, and looked decent. Though I had light candles everywhere. It was far too dark to see anything. Candles were one of the only things I could handle, the only other thing being extremely cloudy, rainy, or snowy days.

So, after many grueling tasks, I had finished moving into Stone Manor.