8. We Are Going To Help Her

"I thought you were not gonna wake up." Carina said quitely. Vincenzo was sitting on bed, settled in a comfortable manner as he listened to what Carina was saying.

Carina still hadn't let go of his hand, as if he would go back to his slumber if she let him go.

She then proceeded to tell him about the events of the night of the accident. In what state she found him, how she tried her best to save Hong Cha-Young's father, but couldn't do so, and then about the investigation of the accident.

"I guess the case has been labled as accident?" Vincenzo questioned gently.

Carina nodded, but didn't reply.

Her gaze was pinned on his hand she was holding between both of hers.

Her mind was in a complete mess.

The memory of him, lying in the pool of blood had left her in such a deep sense of fear and helplessness that she might not see him again. It had compounded what had happened that night had given her a very rude wake up call about this whole, entire situation.

He nearly died.

She nearly lost him.

Her thoughts were in such a spiral mess that she didn't know herself what exactly was going in her mind.

No, acually she did.

She was going to destroy Babel group now.

By hurting her Braindead, they had touched her reverse scale. Now, the CEO of Bable group was going to learn what happens when you play with fire.

She had clearly overestimated herself and brushed over things to stubbernly follow only what she thought was for the best.

All because of little jelousy.

Had she not left in anger back then, Vincenzo problably wouldn't be here in hospital today.

She was not going to make the same mistake again.

"Don't." Vincenzo broke her train of thoughts, making her look at him and squint her eyes.

His gaze penetrated Carina's, his light brown irises searching her own.

She knew that he knew what she was thinking right now.

"What?" Carina spoke, acting dumb.

"You know what I am talking about." He snorted, flicking her forehead with his free hand. "Don't even think about it."

"Well." Carina huffed, rubbing her forehead and glared at him, "I think you got hit in head hard. I might need to run a CT scan. You are talking nonsense right now."

"So you wouldn't happen to be plotting against certain company now, is it?" He sarcastically spoke, making her flinch.

He knew her too well.

"Absolutely not!" Carina said in false distraught. "What made to think that way?"

"The fact that I know you better than anyone else, including you."

"You are overthinking." Carina shaked her head in denial, earning another flick on her forehead.

"I'll get fooled by you if I don't overthink." Vincenzo said in an exasperated sigh.

Carina rolled her eyes at his comment.

To her relief, her conversation was interrupted by Junwoo and Mi-ri walking in the ward.

"You're awake!" Mi-ri exclaimed, with a smile on her face. Her shoulders relaxed in the sense of relief.

Vincenzo looked at them in confusion. "What are you doing here?" He asked Mi-ri.