11. Late Night Studies

Beginne am Anfang

But Siya stopped Raghav by holding his biceps firmly and dragged him out far from them as she could guess the building tension between them and she didn't want to create a scene in front of the whole campus. She didn't want someone called Raghav by bad names. 

After their departure Riya came over to Danish, "What happened baby? Leave her na! She can't pleasure you as much as I can, you should've to ad-" she couldn't finish her sentence as he threw his anger at her by slapping her hard.

"JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP! I DON'T NEED YOUR FUCKING ADVICE ON WHAT SHOULD I DO OR SHOULDN'T. Tell me, how I let go of the one so easily— my eyes landed at the first sight! Do you think so? If yes then you're FUCKING WRONG. I will get her by hook or crook if I've to tear them apart from each other."

🍃

The skinny blue sky glistened with the twinkling stars as the full bright moon radiated its ethereal beauty all over the nature gracefully.

Raghav was working on his laptop until his hands grasped the bag of the nearby table, where his project work has been kept securely.

But when he was about to open it, the name of the front page gave him a mini heart attack.

Siya Chauhan.

"Shit!" he cursed under his breath for misunderstanding her copy as his.

"Day after tomorrow is our test. How can she prepare herself when her notebook is here and Goddamnit my copy is also with hers!"

He got up from his chair as he glanced at the wall clock and it showed 9:30 pm.

"Huff! I've no other choice than this."

He grabbed his backpack and ran towards her room which was after 2 alleys from his.

"Left turn, right corner, room no. 106." he calculated throughout his journey.

After a good running, he finally panted while standing in front of her door.

Tk tk!

"Siya?"

Siya on another side too found out her mistake and decided to call Raghav. But before she could press the call button she heard a voice from outside.

"It must be him!"

She opened the door only to meet with a 'fake' furious-faced Raghav— showing her note copy, while she just grinned sheepishly to reduce the awkwardness.

She gestured for him to enter and closed the door quietly.

"Well, Pehle tum kuch bolo, I'm sorry. I got so busy with my overthinking stupid brain." she looked at him while he just staring at her with a poker face.

"We-well thank you for this or else tomorrow I would have been failed for sure. Sit na sit!"

He burst into a fistful of laughter to see her frightful reaction. She didn't look less like a deer caught in red light.

Siya, confused, gave him a 'what' look when he just hold his stomach to control himself. He only imagined there was standing a deer in her disguise and it made him crack up even more.

She watched him— how his curls fall on his face and shaking due to the vibration of his head, his hazel eyes narrowed as his lips twitched upward, fresh tears gathering at the corner of his eyes.

Abruptly she put her index finger under his eye as the droplet rolled down onto it. His laughter died down as he looked at her confusingly.

"Rote hue acche nhi lagte."

Their eyes locked together as from time to time their brows trembled for the intense gaze. Eyelashes seemed like forgot to breathe as they too enjoyed viewing each other's souls under the unseen spell. The soft wind caressed their body and the moonlight enchanted the room adding more vividness to the scenario.

He blinked his eyes to divert his stare from her as their hearts started beating rhythmically indicating a feeling unknowingly familiar.

"Okay, I think I need to go by now." he stopped in his track by her voice.

"Um... Raghav, if you won't mind can you please solve this equation. I don't understand this one." she pointed at a particular puzzle on her copy.

"Sure, show me."

She sat near her study table while he sat down next to her— waving his hands to explain, writing in the notebook with a pen, and telling her to describe once again with him. The thin line of the clock ticked past ten without breaking their attention.

In the flow of their learning session Raghav stood up and leaned in her direction to point out the exact thing, he wanted to explain for half an hour.

For this proximity, her trance broke and her mind went in another direction.

His hot breath was fanning from his lips and landed smoothly on her nape causing her to shiver a little.

He could understand her lack of concentration yet without letting this away he planned to tease her a bit more. A glint of mischievousness appeared in his orbs as if nature too supported him subconsciously. So he leaned more towards her ear and whispered,

"I've something to show you." his husky voice ran down a chill through her spine as she looked at him with her curious brownish eyes.

He gave her a 'one-second' look and went near his bag. She noticed him pull out something from it, walk towards the switchboard, and switched off all the lights.

Flabbergasted by his sudden action she roamed her eyeballs aimlessly in the darkroom while a figure holding something glowing, approached her slowly.

"See!" he extended it in her hands and she hold it firmly.

A glass jar was flickering in the darkness. Thousands of fireflies were flying around like tiny bulbs; enough to enlighten the room with their glowing lights.

He gestured to an amused-looking Siya to open the tap and freed them all from the window.

They both hold the jar resolutely as the next moment thousands of fireflies fly around and soon the adjacent filled with their alluring golden lights.

Siya couldn't stop herself and clapped her hands while her doe-shaped eyes widened as she tried to capture the whole canvas in one look.

Raghav leaned back to the balcony pillar as his arms crossed over his chest. He admired her happy face— how a simple thing could create a smile, ever so realistic, on her face. How contented she was to get such small happiness.

"Muskurate hue bohot ache lagte ho."

She looked at him with sparkle in her eyes and colored slightly. The cold wind brushed and the moon radiated over their faces softly.

The night passed with the serenity, with the dream of the peaceful surroundings. It felt so good in this life, indeed a very good night for these two souls.

🍃

Raghav is bold asf.

How many of you love to watch fireflies ?