Chapter 63

DREAMS

Harry woke up feeling the warm, soothing rays of the sun beaming across his face due to the already opened curtains. He knew who had opened those curtains that morning, because Noah did that every day that she woke up earlier than him. That didn't happen all that often, but it was happening more and more as her pregnancy progressed. She was becoming a restless sleeper.

The only sounds Harry could hear were coming from the kitchen: pots being clanked around, pans searing on the stove, fridge doors being opened. He also heard small footsteps running around somewhere in the house, presumably throughout the living room and kitchen.

When Harry woke up even more, he realized just how comfy he was in bed. The softness of the bed was even more prominent after sleeping in on a weekend. It also helped that the bed smelled an awful lot like Noah's body lotion and shampoo, which instantly made Harry feel even more cozy.

Soon enough, he reluctantly opened his eyes and glanced around the room, getting the sense that Noah had been up for quite a while already. All the curtains were open and her side of the bed was already pulled up neatly, waiting for him to wake up and finish making his side.

Harry's eyes trailed to his night stand, noticing the time on the clock which read 9:47AM. He sat up and rubbed the sleep out of his eyes before picking his wedding ring off of the holder, bringing it closer to admire the 'Onward & Upward' inscription on the inside. Looking at that always made his heart pump a little faster.

The ring was carefully placed onto Harry's ring finger before he stood up off of the bed and quickly found a pair of shorts and a shirt to throw on, since he had just slept in his boxers. Once he was dressed, he made his way out of the room, eager to get downstairs to his family.

The first thing he noticed when he stepped into the doorway of the kitchen was Noah with her back to him as she stood at the stove, clearly focusing on whatever she was cooking.

Having heard Harry enter the room, Noah glanced over her shoulder and smiled at her husband's sleepy figure making his way toward her.

"Handsome! You're finally up," she said as she glanced back down at the eggs which were sizzling in the pan.

"Mm," Harry hummed as he approached Noah from behind and pressed his front to her back, bringing his hands to rest on her large bump. "Hi, munchkin."

Noah smiled some more to herself and tilted her head against Harry's as his came to rest on her shoulder. "I'm just making breakfast, baby. You hungry yet?"

"Yes, please. Thank you. It smells amazing," Harry complimented as he removed himself from Noah and moved toward the fridge, grabbing a quick pre-made smoothie before leaning against the counter and crossing his feet at his ankles as he drank it and admired his wife.

Noah was nearly 8 months pregnant by that point, so she had been mentally preparing herself for the process of giving birth again. She knew it would be pricelessly rewarding and she had clearly gotten through it once before so she knew she could get through it again. It was just daunting regardless.

Harry received a glance over Noah's shoulder in response with that wide smile still making an appearance. "You're most welcome. Also, don't forget we need to stop by that special bagel place in the city before we head home from the aquarium today."

"Yup, got it. I'm sure Leo won't let us forget about that bakery, too."

Just after Harry said that, he heard a tiny voice squeal, "daddy!"

Rushed, clumsy footsteps sounded as a small body came sliding across the kitchen floor in haste. Leo's likeness to Harry was undeniably uncanny by that point, as his hair was practically identical. He had many of the same mannerisms as Harry, too, but still with Noah's extroverted personality.