Chapter 54

PEACEFUL

The news of the engagement was well received by everyone.

Noah's mom, Elise, was beyond excited to hear how beautifully the proposal was carried out and was even happier that she didn't have to keep it a secret anymore. Dominic, Noah's step dad, was glad that Noah had such a good guy for a fiancé.

Nobody was more relieved about that than Noah's dad, Vincent. He had also known about the proposal for a while, as Harry had mentioned his plan to propose to Noah before he even bought the ring. Not to ask permission from her father or anything, because Harry felt as though that was archaic, but just to let him know that he was going to do it. Naturally, Vincent was ecstatic, because he truly loved Harry. He would never say that, though.

Colette was absolutely elated when Noah told her that Harry had finally proposed. Colette could see how happy her best friend was, and she knew that Harry treated her exactly as she deserved to be treated, so she was heart-warmed at their engagement. She forgave Harry for not approaching her about the ring design and the proposal itself, as Harry's reasoning was that he didn't think Colette could keep the secret from Noah and she knew he was right for that. Colette really was tempted to tell Noah everything.

Deon and Isaiah knew about the proposal throughout the whole process since Harry was consulting them every step of the way. Deon naturally demanded that he be Harry's best man at the wedding. Harry jokingly told him that was never going to happen, but he silently knew that Deon would most likely be his best man. Ray was also so happy for Harry and Noah and utterly proud of how far Harry had come.

Even though she had known Harry was going to propose for months, Evelyn, his mother, still shed plenty of tears when she heard that Noah had said yes. She couldn't even describe how emotional she was at the fact that her baby boy was engaged to the love of his life.

The rest of Noah and Harry's time in Santorini went by blissfully, on an absolute high from the engagement and the romantic atmosphere of their vacation. They regretfully returned home and instantly missed the beautiful sights of Santorini as they resumed their normal daily routines at work.

Noah's birthday the following week was a blast. Harry had planned a surprise party for her, just like she did for his birthday in England. He had the help of Colette, naturally, because Colette knew exactly who to invite and was very keen on sharing her own ideas and opinions on the party itself. Thankfully, Colette was able to keep the party a secret.

The party was amazing and Noah felt like a princess the entire time. They had rented out a beautiful restaurant on the pier that was everything Noah could have asked for and more. She was also utterly spoiled in presents from everyone, with even a few things from Harry. The main present from him was the trip to Santorini and she knew that, so she wasn't expecting anything on her actual birthday, but Harry naturally didn't want to leave her with nothing else from him.

Harry was always so good like that.

-

Months of pure bliss passed. Of course, they had the newly added looming stress of wedding planning, but they hadn't even looked too far into that yet. They were both eager to simply enjoy their engagement without getting straight to planning anything yet, but others around them had other ideas.

For the first few months of their engagement, nearly all of their loved ones were asking tons of questions about the wedding. Have you two chosen a date? What kind of wedding do you want? Where do you want to get married?

The questions were overwhelming which was exactly why the couple had chosen to delay any planning for a bit. They wanted time to bask in it without those worries.