Chapter 50

PRIDE

Walking toward the arrivals at the airport with their luggage in tow, it was late January, and Harry and Noah had just arrived in England after a 10-hour plane ride to celebrate Harry's upcoming birthday with his family.

When they got closer to arrivals, Harry leaned down to Noah to say, "now, just a warning, my mum will probably be way too excited and all over you-"

His words were quickly interrupted by a gasp and a shriek of, "Noah!"

Evelyn, Harry's sweet mother, came rushing toward them, but completely ignored her own son as she saw his girlfriend for the very first time. Her arms were held open wide as she approached, with her eyes solely on Noah.

Noah released her grip on her suitcase and held her own arms out, smiling widely as Evelyn stepped into her arms, allowing them to wrap their arms around each other.

"So nice to meet you, darling," Evelyn said, closing her eyes and gently squeezing Noah.

"Nice to meet you, too," Noah sweetly replied, already feeling the pure warmth and compassion that Evelyn naturally exerted.

Harry simply stood beside them, watching with a smile. His heart was practically fluttering in his chest, getting to see two of the most important women in his life hugging as if they had known each other forever.

Evelyn finally pulled away from Noah, cradling her cheeks for a moment and smiling wider than ever at her. Then, she shifted her attention to her son, stepping toward him and reaching up to wrap her arms around his neck, tugging him in for a hug.

"My baby boy," Evelyn cooed, emotion clear in her shaky voice as she hugged her son after having not seen him for over a year.

"Hi, mum," Harry sheepishly replied, a blush as clear as day on his cheeks as he leaned down to rest his chin on his mother's shoulder while they hugged.

Standing behind Evelyn, Noah had a clear view of Harry's face and couldn't help but smile at how sweet it was to finally see him with his mom. The resemblance between them was obvious, making Noah smile even more.

Finally pulling away, Evelyn turned to grab Noah's suitcase, saying, "let me get that for you, darling."

Noah was quick to refuse, however. "Oh, no, it's fine-"

"Baby, she won't take no for an answer," Harry said lightheartedly, gaining Noah's attention as she glanced over at him, feeling betrayed that he wasn't on her side.

Hearing her son call his partner 'baby' made Evelyn smile strongly to herself, finding it absolutely adorable that he was so happy and in love.

"He's right," Evelyn said matter of factly, taking the suitcase and instantly walking toward the exit. "This way, my dears!"

Soon enough, they were in the car on their way to Evelyn's house. Noah was sitting in the front seat, as Evelyn wouldn't have had it any other way. The two were chatting happily and easily the whole time as Harry sat in the backseat, chiming in every now and then.

By the time they made it to Evelyn's house, the couple were already quite tired from the jet lag. They had arrived late in the afternoon, so they decided they would eat something simple for dinner before heading to bed early.

Noah immediately found Evelyn's house to be entirely cozy and comforting. She lived in a nice area, somewhat in the countryside with ample space between her house and other houses around. Noah couldn't remember exactly what Evelyn did for a living, but she remembered that it was something in finance, making sense that she lived in a nice house.