Are you gonna be okay? I asked him.

His green eyes turned to me and he slowly nodded his head. 'You sense danger as much as I do right?'

I nodded, I do.

'Do you feel any danger?' He sat on his haunches.

I frowned, No. I feel nothing dangerous.

He barked. 'I will be fine, I have no bad feelings.'

Okay, just...look after my stupid brother. I chuckled.

He nudged his head into Leo's side and Leo retaliated with a growl before glancing at me. I ran my hand down his neck and he shook me off in distaste. He always hated when I petted his wolf, but I found it too amusing. His fur was dense and short, the deep brown a similar colour to his head hair.

'I'll be fine. I just want to get home.' He snorted.

Don't do anything stupid. I chuckled.

He licked at my wrist as a reply, and I smiled before walking away from them. I found Phoenix standing at the bottom of the bus steps, talking to Lyra who was already up them. They both turned to me when I approached, Lyra with a large smile on her face.

"You okay Nova?" She wondered.

"Yeah, just talking to my stupid brother."

Phoenix chuckled behind me but guided me onto the bus. It was rather empty now, only six of the females coming with us to our pack. Lyra's pack was going home in the other bus, some taking the trucks back too so all was covered, but she was riding with us for support during the fights. Apparently.

She gave us a small smile as she sat down and we chose to sit on the opposite aisle, a row behind. I settled into the window seat and Phoenix sat beside me, his jeans brushing against my knee. I was glad this was such a luxurious bus with wide seats because I would hate to think about how squished I'd be sitting next to him on a normal bus.

I turned my attention to look out the tinted windows, chewing on my fingers with nerves. I knew I had to train when I got back, and I guessed it would be Sean to train me, so I felt okay about that. I just didn't know what was going to happen; how many wolves were going to attend, who was going to challenge me... I watched in the distance as the pack wolves began to run away with a howl, entering the trees in the far distance.

"How come you aren't going with them?" I suddenly asked.

Phoenix wrapped his arm around my shoulder, the armrests between us now out of the way. "I wanted to be with you. Besides, we have to talk strategy on the journey, I'm afraid. We only have around ten hours until the fights commence and we need to be prepared."

I frowned but nodded my head in agreement. "How long is the bus journey?"

He stared through the large window as a wolf climbed his way into the driver's seat. "About five or six hours depends on how much fuel we use, we may need a top-up."

The bus rumbled to life beneath us and I settled more into Phoenix's arm. His hand curled around my shoulder to rub circles into my bicep. I inhaled his scent deeply, the earthy, subtle colours never failed to make me feel better. It was so...fresh, and easy to breathe.

"Where do we begin?" I eventually sighed after ten or so minutes of the bus moving.

I heard the click of his tongue against the roof of his mouth as he hummed in thought. "Well, I have only ever witnessed Lyra's challenge, as they are few and far between. That was men, so it was a lot of strength combat fighting. I think, for you, we need to go strategy. I'm going to need Cel to help out here. Lyra is here to help strategise things, being she has witnessed one more than me."