Chapter 13

"Mind telling me why we're splitting up again?"

The wet, desolate streets of the town rested in silence as the starry black sky swept over it. The water in the portholes shimmered by the glow of the bright, orange street lamps, and the small, green trees on the roadside swayed as a strong breeze hit them.

It was finally Sunday, 10 PM.

And while it did sound like a stupid idea to have a bunch of teenagers roam around out and about after curfew with a killer on the loose, Stu kept assuring that there was safety in numbers and that there was, quote, "absolutely nothing to be worried about".

You looked up at the blanket of stars that stretched into infinity, hearing the boy whistle. "Wait, wait, wait. Don't tell me you're afraid?"

"Of course not, doofus. I'm just wondering why," Tatum replied, knotting her brows into a frown at her boyfriend's antics.

"I agree with Tate," you decided, but not because of fear or anything. You were actually ecstatic to check the place out. "I thought we were going to do this together?"

"We got time," Billy reminded you absently, holding you against him with his hand in the pocket of your jeans. "Just meet up here in an hour."

Stu beamed, actually beamed, when your eyes searched his face.

The illumination of the moon cast long shadows against his features, his sky coloured orbs twinkling as bright as the stars in the sky and his nearly blonde hair almost seemed white under the light. Stu appeared really, really pretty, and you actually lost your breath for a second looking at him.

Tatum sighed, making your eyes widen to the size of dinner plates when she pulled a small hand gun out of her bag and threw it over to you. "My brother forced me to bring it along. I don't want that fucking near me."

You grew unsure over why anyone would need a gun at the theatre, but nodded and shoved it down your boot with a thanks.

Stu shot you a cheeky wink before guiding Tatum through the entrance, who muttered you a 'see you later' as the glass doors swayed back and forth in their wake. He must have told her the funniest joke on earth afterwards because his loud laughter bounced around inside.

Billy's lips kicked up at the corners at your excitement. "You ready, babe?"

You took him by the hand, unable to contain yourself. "Yes, come on!"

*~*~*

The place was nothing like you imagined it to be.

It was massive.

The black carpeted lobby stretched on for ages and could very well be a maze.

Footsteps later, your eyes nearly fell out of their sockets once they surveyed the surroundings of the main part of the building.

There was a huge, classic stage in the center, surrounded by multiple levels of red, plush seats. Several balconies surrounded it, as well as an orchestra pit all the way to the back that was connected to it by a bridge.

You were amazed and confused at the same time when your eyes scanned all around you. There wasn't a single soul in sight. "I wonder why we're all alone here."

"Stu's mom and dad hired it off," Billy explained coolly, slowly descending the small steps that lead to the front of the stage to scout around.