Chapter 12

Eleanora's POV

We've been at this for hours. I'd like to go home, not to mention that my phone has gone off on more than one occasion just moments ago.

I need to check on it.

It could be my parents from Italy trying to contact me and that's a hard phone call to catch- let alone text message to come across.

The overseers have been constantly asking me and Michelle are we sure what we witnessed today was valid and for the millionth time, yes goddamnit.

My pianist has suffered enough this week...

"Excuse me, I have check on a phone call. It could be my family from Italy. Surely you won't detain me for stepping out to call them back.." I raised my brow at the small group of higher ups and the hesitantly nodded.

Not to brag, but I am the best conductor in the youth symphony. Came from overseers on a full ride scholarship to Juilliard. Trust I'm the best of the best.

I stepped to the side of the hall with the water fountain and pulled out my phone.

I had multiple missed calls from the same unknown number and the recent notification from them was a voicemail..

Not my parents but considering they left a voicemail, it must be important.

"Hey, this is Melissa. Not sure if you still have my number- don't know, but I'll just get into it.. I was just trying to reach to you and say thank you for looking out for Carter. She told me what you did. If you hadn't noticed what was going on, this could've ended disastrous all over for us again. Carter's last competition was such a heartbreaker with her injury- thank goodness she made a full recovery.. unfortunately, Carter doesn't want to continue with mentoring at the moment. I hope she changes her mind later on and that you're still interested... I'm so sorry, but thank you so much for today," Melissa ended her message and I was in all sorts of knots.

Why does Carter's injury sound so significant for me... which competition did she last participate in?..

Not only that, she doesn't want to be my mentee and we've yet to begin...

"Hey, Eleanora?" Michelle meets with me and I was attentive but still stuck on the voicemail.

"The parents are here," she informed me and I half assed snapped into reality; I'm still stuck on Carter.

"Eleanora, are you okay? I can handle it if you need a minute," Michelle tried to comfort me but I shook my thoughts away.

"No, I'm gonna give them a piece of my mind," i stride back into the rehearsal room pushing both doors making my entrance and all the parents gave me glares as their children sat in fear.

"Good evening, I'm well aware why we're all here. So let's have it; I'd like to know how you're gonna sweet talk your way into letting your kid continue in my ensemble after I've given my final thoughts on cutting them," I met them up front and they all were pissed off even more.

"My child should continue in the symphony. They were qualified based on their audition. What more validation do you need?" One parent sassed.

"Their character. My pianist almost injured herself picking up your child's slack today. What more validation do you need?" I did my best to keep my tone in check.

"We understand that having a pianist is a big deal to you guys because they're sooo hard to come by when it comes to classical music, but that kid literally sits in the back while mine is up front. If anything, she's doing what she's supposed to and that's to make my kid look good," someone's dad made my veins boil.