I Hear A Symphony

Start from the beginning

"Moblit, you don't need to grab me so tightly." You say, trying to get him out of the zone he currently is in, "I won't run away"

He shakes his head, finally releasing your arm and you gently massage the harmed area. Alongside the nervousness in his eyes, there is now a hint of concern and you can tell his intention was not to hurt you, on your wedding day much less.

"I'm sorry, I just have to make sure everything is perfect today." He says and before you have time to respond, a soldier walks in between the two of you. His actions show you how apologetic he is so you decide not to say anything.

"Sir, the flowers are ready but Sasha keeps trying to steal the food from the buffet." The soldier says and Moblit sighs while pinching the bridge of his nose. While he deals with the situation, you feel yet another hand pulling you but in a much gentler manner this time.

You don't have time to complain. The sweet perfume of the figure ahead of you lets you know exactly who they are and you can't help but smile. It had been months since the last time you had seen Historia and spending time with her had always been one of your favorite things.

"Your Majesty, what are you doing here?" You ask quietly, not wanting to give away her location in case she had sneaked past her guards yet again. "Shouldn't you be at the church getting the blessed cloth?"

"It's all ready for the ceremony!" She says, the excitement in her voice is undeniable but still so quiet. "I just had to come and see how you are doing today."

"Nervous but in a good way." You say, a smile on your face, and she giggles, wrapping her small arms around your torso.

"I can't wait to officiate your wedding!" She exclaims, a few excited jumps following closely behind, "You are the first of my friends to get married. I am so happy for you!"

"I know, I love Hanji and I can't wait to spend the rest of my days with her." You claim, a hint of sadness present in your voice, "Even if it won't be for much longer."

"Stop it! You both will come back and Shiganshina will be saved thanks to all of your efforts." She replies, nuzzling her face against your breasts in a caring manner.

Your conversation is, unfortunately, cut short when a very concerned Levi knocks on the door. He is under the impression that Hanji is the one you are talking to and kicks down the wooden surface, a bath scrub in his hand while a cap covers his hair.

"Where is your fiancee?" He asks, looking at you dead in the eye. A chill travels down your spine and you shrug your shoulders, unable to provide him with an answer. It takes a second but he finally believes you and resumes his search elsewhere.

By the time he is gone, a guard has caught on that Historia is missing and begins to scream her name around the castle causing her to immediately run away giggling, the amusement she feels is undeniable.

You take a deep breath, finally being able to make your way towards the area where your makeup would be applied. The artist awaits for you patiently and you shoot her a smile, silently thanking her for her time.

"Are you ready?" She asks as you are sitting down and so you nod.

The gentleness of the brushes against your skin is nearly enough to lull you to sleep but the anxiety you are feeling is much greater. You close your eyes, allowing her to work on your eyelids with a gentle pink shadow.

Her strokes are precise yet delicate much like the claps of a butterfly's wings. The artificial blush spreads across your cheek giving your already beautiful skin a much more elegant look.

Once she is ready to apply the lipstick, you open your eyes and finally see yourself in the mirror. You can't contain the smile that comes out and you gently begin to analyze every feature on your face, delighted with the result.