twenty

season six episode twenty one 'how insensitive'

Jackson never should have gone to Joe's after work and he should have never had that many drinks. All those shots and beers clouded his judgement and eased the pain of being friend zoned by Adeline. His attitude had deteriorated over the course of the rest of his shift after speaking with Adeline and all he wanted to do was get rid of the pain. He would have preferred to cut and assist in a surgery but after his hook patient was admitted to the ICU there was nothing left for him to do so Joe's it was.

Jackson and his new female friend went from exchanging looks at the bar to dancing and soon to his apartment where they both stripped down and used each other's bodies to feel pleasure and forget about their problems if it was only for an hour. Jackson felt icky after they had sex, he couldn't even remember her name. He regretted not coming clean to Adeline about his feelings and regretted asking his friends for advice; Charles said to sleep on it which was probably the wisest thing he's ever said, April was fussing over him making fun of her and bringing up Derek in front of Meredith and Reed told him the only way to get over someone was to get under someone else and that's what he did.

Jackson found himself laying in bed awake, his boxers and a shirt on whilst the girl he brought home slept soundly beside him, wearing his Duke University shirt that he had previously lent to Adeline. It didn't sit right with him, none of it did. He never should have brought her home and should have offered to take her home and leave it at that. Jackson was never one to do what he did, it was truly a moment of weakness. He couldn't find sleep, no matter how hard he tried to. He felt disgusted with himself. He yawned every five seconds, drifting off before ultimately waking himself again seconds later.

Hearing the knocking on the door, Jackson bounded out of bed feeling somewhat awake, however as soon as he made his way to the door, sleep seemed to catch up to him. He was sure he had woken up the girl in his bed but he didn't really care. If someone was knocking this late on the door it must be an emergency or Charles left his keys in the house and couldn't get in. Jackson unlocked the door and opened it, taking a moment to process who was on the other side of the door. She pushed in and Jackson mentally cursed, feeling disgusting and dirty after what he had done hours earlier. He was shocked as he listened to her confession, his heart racing with each word. Jackson was trying to think of something to say before he heard the voice from the girl he brought home pipe up from his doorway. He looked to the side, sighing at her before looking back to Adeline. After Adeline had removed her wrist from his grasp, Jackson rushed out of his apartment after her.

"Addie, her! Addie, let me explain-Addie." Jackson called, trying to keep noise to a minimum in the hallway. She rushed through the door and he tried to make it before it closed. His palm lay flat on her door and he listened to it lock. "Addie, please." Jackson pleaded, leaning his head against the door before giving up. There was no use, especially at this time in the morning.

"Come back to bed, Jax." Jackson snapped his head to the doorway into his own apartment, fuming on the inside. He just had to screw things up for him.

"I'll sleep on the couch and my name is Jackson."

* * *

The residents were paged to the labs to start their morning, with Adeline sticking to Alex's side making sure she didn't come into contact with Jackson. She has been up since two in the morning with bags visible under her eyes and two coffees in her hand just for herself. Christina and Meredith were beside one another on Adeline's left.

"What's up with you?" Alex finally questioned once the two females turned around to break into their own conversation. The two didn't mind and Alex had gathered that Adeline didn't want to tell them anything just yet. "You've consumed more coffee this morning than you have last month and you called me at two thirty this morning. What happened, Addie?" Adeline's eyes quickly flicked to Jackson where her roommate and their two friends had gathered. Alex caught on, following her gaze and then sighed. "Addie, what happened between the two of you?" He had assumed it wasn't something good if she was pretty much glue to his side and looked at Jackson sadly.