"Fifty-year-old male, penetrating trauma to the chest, hypotensive in the field. Got him two litres of LR en route." Derek took off the straps so they could analyse the chest trauma, April gasping when she saw the hook in the patient. Adeline simply looked at it with wonder.

"Wow." Adeline mumbled to herself before looking up at her coworkers. "Told you!" The group of five wasted no more time and rushed to the elevator, waiting as they dropped the son off with Miranda's group. Within minutes they had wheeled their patient into the elevator and were soon on their way to the Trauma rooms, paging Teddy and Owen for additional help.

"Hold it steady, Hessingon, get in there." Adeline was applying a downward pressure around where the hook was penetrating into the chest as Owen was using some heavy duty cutters to get rid of the hook that was out of the body and would otherwise be an unnecessary obstacle in OR.

"What do we have? Oh, my God." Adeline quickly looked up at Teddy as she walked in, keeping her pressure near the wound. Jackson was holding the other side and snuck a look at Adeline before refocusing. Owen cut the piece of metal off, quickly discarding it in a tray.

"Fishing boat accident. Something fell on him." Meredith explained, Adeline moving out of the way, listening as Derek explained a little further.

"Pressure's at sixty-eight, systolic." Owen announced as the machine started to beep. Adeline was over near Jackson now as he was moving the chart around.

"Get me a 14-gauge needle." Adeline looked to her right, grabbing one and handing it to Teddy as Jackson announced it was behind her. She continued to clear more space to free it of clutter and grab other items that Teddy may need. She became alert when a younger patient walked in, the son of the hook patient.

"Grey, get him out of here." Owen looked over as Lexi began to try and usher him out whilst Teddy placed the needle into the patient.

"Oh God! What the hell is that?" The patient moved his head upright, groaning in pain.

"Dad, I don't know what happened. I had the rope in my hand in one minute." The son began, fighting against Alex and Lexie as he continued to apologise. The beeping continued so Adeline moved in to help Teddy, doing whatever she asked and grabbing whatever she needed. "Of course it's his fault. I was thrown on top of the shark hook because he let go of the rope. Who the hell's fault is it?" Adeline couldn't imagine how bad the son must feel but continued to do her job.

"Let's leave the hook in until we get up to an OR." Owen changed the subject back to the task at hand. Adeline grabbed the chart from Jackson behind her, smiling as he was already handing it over before turning back around, filling out what Teddy was telling her to before handing it to the woman, allowing her to sign some things.

Though the operating room was crowded and had a slight mishap after a sneeze on Teddy's behalf, the surgery went smoothly. The air felt different for Adeline whilst working with Jackson, the two haven't exchanged any words except for the case and it almost felt as awkward as watching April laugh a little too much at a very poor joke that Derek had made regarding their patient's profession. Adeline figured that there was something definitely going on that she didn't know about after a couple of days away from her friends and working in Ortho.

Leaving the OR, Adeline stayed behind, waiting for Jackson to come out of the doors. She had to face him sooner or later and she valued their friendship more than to have stupid awkward moments. She would continue to meet Meredith and the others in the cafeteria once she was done. It was only a minute or two before Jackson exited the doors, looking around before noticing it was just him and Adeline. The two were quite nervous.

"So, April's got a thing for Chief Shepherd." Jackson commented, mentally cursing at the awkward opening. Adeline giggled, nodding her head as they began to walk.