Special 5 - Date night

"We haven't gone out on a date in a while," Jinwoo scrolls through his phone. "Should we go somewhere over the weekend?"

"We've explored every single corner of the earth-"

"The earth is spherical," Jinwoo corrects.

"We've been to every country."

"Not Antarctica," Jinwoo smirks.

"I'm not about to freeze my ass off there," You kick your legs over his on the couch. "Somewhere else."

"We've been everywhere else."

You groan, throwing your head over the arm of the couch. "Can I have Kamish terrorize the states again?"

"That's terrorism,"

"Oh please," You roll your eyes. "You act as though we weren't borderline terrorists back when I had the system."

"Valid," Jinwoo mumbles. "So?"

"I want to go back into the book for a date," You mumble. "I want to see my friends."

"I can't do that love," He kisses your forehead. "The system deleted me from that world to move me here."

"YOU DID WHAT?!"

Jinwoo blinks at you, confused. "I came because I wanted to be with you-"

"JINWOO YOU HAD HAEIN. CHAEYONG. JINHO. YOUR WHOLE ASS FAMILY THERE," You lean back over the arm and groan. "You had a whole ass fanbase there why are you here with me?"

Jinwoo lifts the front of your shirt up and slips a hand onto your stomach.

"IT'S COLD-"

"It's because I loved you more," He draws circles, and he clicks on his phone. "Shall we head to that new sushi place around here?"

"I kinda want fried chicken."

Jinwoo stares at his phone. "Our regular place?"

"Yes." You sit up straight, and you stretch your back. "A-Ck my back is built like an 80-year-old."

Jinwoo laughs lightly, and the two of you get changed.

"Hot as usual," Staring at his outfit, you grin. "Still black hoodies with black jeans? Add some chains and a ring or two,"

Jinwoo listens, and you pat down your outfit.

"You look lovely," Jinwoo kisses your eyes softly. "Shall we go?"

"FRIED CHICKEN HERE I COME!" You lock the door, and you bounce on the elevator.

Still a tradition. You and Jinwoo had somehow realized that the fried chicken place you two went to so often back then was the exact same store here where you two lived.

"Good evening!"

"My favorite couple!" The server cheers.

The two of you are seated, and you order the food. 

"We could've ordered from home," You groan, resting your hand in your arms. 

"But it's better this way," Jinwoo smiles. "You get pretty Instagram photos."

"MY FOLLOWERS ARE ALL YOUR SIMPS!! I should rename myself to Jinwoofanclubpresident or something," You sigh dramatically. "I can't believe I have to share my boyfriend with all those delulu on the internet~"

"Oh please," Jinwoo grins. "You love me."

"I love the idea of holding you over their heads and them never getting you," You wink. 

"Yeah I don't think you'd like to get railed by anyone else," Jinwoo snickers.

"YOU-"

"Am I wrong?"

You stare at him, eyes sharpening. "..."

"Love-?"

"Absolutely not," You grin. "You know too much. You're going down with me if you ever think about leaving me."

"You'd make good money if you revealed that you're technically dating a fictional character," Jinwoo winks.

"Ok then that makes me sound delusional," You stare at him. "I'll just say that I found my own <3"

Jinwoo laughs, and you grin. 

"It's so nice without weird shit going around here," Jinwoo sighs happily.

"... bestie did you just swear-"

"Did you just call me bestie-"

"ANSWER THE QUESTION," You stand up in your seat.

Jinwoo grins at you.

You fake a sob, and Jinwoo blinks emotionlessly before hugging you.

"Love stop crying-"

"My own boyfriend refuses to answer my question," You whine. 

"Ok ok," He runs his hand through your hair soothingly. "I love you ok? I just picked up on your habits."

You whimper and wipe those tears off.

"Alright, I got the answer out." You grin. 

"Did you just-"

"Someone's gotta gaslight in this house," You grin. "And no you're not allowed to manipulate and gaslight. That's just straight up illegal."

"At least you stay girlbossing at work... is that how you work with slang here? I feel ancient talking to you," Jinwoo laughs lightly.

"You're like... the same age as me... you know maybe it's the tiktok," You think. "Wait no aren't you like sixty at this point-"

"It's definitely the tiktok."

"AND THE FANFICTION!!!!" You smack two fingers on your arm, and you make the lipbite face.

"Y/n, love, you're a menace to society,"

"Jinwoo honey I think you're even worse." You blink. "You have... you could kill someone and you'd get a shadow in exchange. You could be the next Ted Bundy or something... actually? No. Don't be the next Ted Bundy. I need to make a living off of your money."

Jinwoo chokes, and you grin.

The waiter places your food onto the table, and you two dig in.

"Love?" Jinwoo raises a brow when you blink at your food. "Love what's wrong?"

"I... I," You purse your lips. "I just lost my appetite..."

Jinwoo boops your nose. "It's alright. We can box it up and take it home. If you still don't want it I can just finish it."

You sigh in relief. 

"I'm not going to yell at you for normal things," Jinwoo shrugs. "Do you want something else from the menu? Or do you want to eat somewhere else?"

DUDE HOW DID I GET MYSELF SUCH A WHIPPED BOYFRIEND????

"It's alright," You smile. "I'll just have a couple cookies at home."

"I'll cook you something light to eat when we get home," Jinwoo stares at the time on his watch. "I'll have the shadows prepare in advance."

Oh yeah I forgot to mention the shadows could do that. They cook for you. Isn't that cute???

"A-ah alright," You smile.

"Is hotpot ok?"

"... yes," you smile.

"Just let me know when you want to head home. I'll pay and then we can leave. Love you," He grabs your hand and places a kiss on it.

"...love you too."

The ring in Jinwoo's back pocket suddenly feels lighter.