Chapter 10 - That's... illegal??

You feel yourself dying as Jinho asks you if Jinwoo was going out with Songyi.

"I-" You gasp for breath. "He-"

You continue cackling.

"I CAN'T!" You cough violently before finally recovering. "Ah that was such a good laugh... no they're not dating. Jinwoo took Songyi and I to a C-rank dungeon and it ended up being a red gate. We arrived home around 4am yesterday because we were stuck for so long."

"Oh..."

-⧖-

You watch as the soldiers right off the monsters and you summon the Hyakki.

"Go help them out. I wanna see if you can be killed"

Sure enough, his limbs reattach when they get sliced off.

"YOOO IT'S LIKE YOUR SOLDIERS!" You gasp.

"Yeah yeah," Jinwoo ruffles your hair.

"Can I at least collect crystals..." Jinho sobs. "I feel like I lost my job..."

You smile at the male.

"W helmets toss me a crystal!" You get six tossed at you at once and you hand them all to Jinho. "Feel better?"

"...slightly," He pouts.

Speaking of which... isn't this around the time that Jinwoo's father comes back?

You search your phone once you finish the last dungeon of the day and you call a familiar man.

"Woo Jinchul," You speak into the phone. "There's a man that's going to come out of a portal in the states, I'll be getting evaluated for a rank soon, if you successfully get the man back into Korea, then I'll do whatever the organization ask of me."

"That's a big gamble. Even if we are forced to give away your rank?"

You smirk. "You know better than anyone about my abilities... Convince the chairman for me, I'll go in person if you'd like. I need that man in Korea no matter what."

"Even if the price is too much?"

"Do whatever it takes." Your voice lowers. "I want that man in Korea alive."

The line goes silent for a while before the man sighs. "What is the man's name?"

"Sung Il-hwan." You speak.

"Oi Y/n are you coming or not?"

Jinchul sighs before speaking again. "I'll do what I can to the fullest."

"Thank you. I owe you and the organization one."

You hang up and wander into the restaurant.

"I'm sorry hyung-nim, sunbae, I wanted to take you both somewhere more luxurious for our last time..." Jinho mumbles.

"No, rather I'm worried that this won't suit the taste of a young master from a rich household." Jinwoo smiles.

"No worries!" You smile.

"What do you plan on doing from now on?" Jinwoo holds his cup up. "Since the raids are over."

Jinho speaks about his ambitions and you see Jinwoo thinking over his relationship with Jinho.

"What will you two be doing from now on?"

"We'll be out of contact for a while." Jinwoo speaks. "there's somewhere we have to go."

"We?"

"Do you not want to?"

"Oh come on I nearly died the last time you got a penalty!"

"Hyung-nim, Y/n sunbae, if I'm a bother to you both please let me know. I won't bother you anymore."

"Jinho."

"Yes Hyung-nim."

"What am I to you?"

"I have an older brother who is about 10 years older than I am." Jinho mumbles. "He doesn't like me, so we haven't spent a lot of time together. By comparison, Hyung-nim is someone who has saved my life and also helped out with my problems... to me Hyung-nim is more like a brother than my real brother."

Omg omg omg omg it's this part I'm going to cry-

"If that's how you think about me," Jinwoo holds up his cup. "I will consider you as my younger brother"

"Hyung-nim!" Jinho sobs.

"There there," You smile as you pay his back. "You're still my favorite dongsaeng too,"

"S-Sunbae!!!"

"C-CAN I HUG YOU BOTH???"

"Hey hey! You're drunk!" Jinwoo panics. That doesn't stop Jinho from hugging both of you though.

"NO! I HAVE NEVER BEEN MORE AWAKE."

"There there," You pat him on the back as he sobs into your shoulder.

Jinwoo watches the TV as Baek Yoonho covers for both of you.

Right, Jinwoo would be going to the gates sometime soon.

"When are you going?"

"I was thinking tomorrow."

"I literally get no break next to you." You grumble.

"Your fault for being my guide."

"It's not like I chose that..."