Epilogue - Portals are just a Shift away

You shoot up in your seat, and you stare at the surrounding.

You're in your room, sitting at your desk.

You were hit by a truck what do you mean you're at your desk?

In front of you is your laptop, on chapter 165 of the Solo Leveling manhwa.

You had a dream.

A long dream that you saw Sung Jinwoo, met Sung Jinwoo, dated him, loved him, protect him... and let him die and then delete you.

You stretch, and you stare outside the window.

Your phone tells you it's the same year, that it's two days before work starts up again.

Conveniently, it's two days before you got hit by the truck.

Huh... I thought that time would've at least progressed forward.

You laugh, and tears roll out of your eyes.

It was comical. You got hit by a classic white truck, opened your eyes in a manhwa, and lived there.

No family, no support except for that limitless credit card in your inventory.

Yet you were stubborn enough to survive through all of that.

...

How funny.

And in the end, you were still helpless.

You didn't belong there.

You were an outsider.

You stare at your laptop again.

The light novel, the manhwa, and the wiki were all pulled up.

Right. You could try and shift. But even if you did, you would only be a viewer. Or technically you could return to Jinwoo but it never worked.

You stare at the notes scrambled on your desk, and all of them were shifting methods.

You never succeeded.

Staring at the newest chapter of the manhwa, you find that Jinwoo got his happy ending with Haein just as you had read.

You smile.

That was how it was supposed to be.

You reach to close your laptop. You need some rest after all of that.

Your phone buzzes.

[Notification: Solo leveling updated new chapter]

Wasn't the light novel already completed? I'm not complaining though.

You open your laptop, and you race to see what the new chapter was about.

In an alternate timeline, Jinwoo never moved on, was never able to feel love. A portion of his past was carved away, and his ability to love disappeared with it.

The hunter helped the world, became friends with everyone in his past, and spent the rest of his days wandering the soul of the earth.

Y/n L/n, the unprecedented part of the story, the player two that stuck by Jinwoo through thick and thin, and eventually deleted by the system.

Y/n L/n, the piece of the monarch's past that had been cruelly ripped away from him.

Jinwoo spent the rest of his days of eternity wandering through the earth.

Hoping to find a way to remember his past.

Hoping that somehow, he would be able to remember those warm hands full of affection.