Chapter 17 - S-ranks

You sit at the table and order a ton of dishes.

"It's on me!"

"Ah it's alright... I can pay-"

"No no," You shake your finger at her. "It's only fair that I pay since I dragged you here."

"Y/n! Oh not with Jinwoo today?"

"Jinwoo got on my nerves," You roll your eyes. "I brought a pretty lady here instead!"

"Ah..." The woman smiles. "What shall I get you?"

"The usual for me! Haein do you have something you want in particular?"

"Ah... I'm..."

"Get her the best dish here I'll pay," You flick up your credit card, and the woman smiles.

"I gotchu"

"So Haein..." You smile at her. "What do you do for fun?"

"Ah..."

"Wait no an S-rank must not have much free time..." You stare at her. "I'm... so sorry"

"No no! It's alright!"

"Hm... have you ever had fried chicken with cheese?"

"Ah... no." She looks slightly embarrassed.

"Don't be embarrassed!" You beam. "I promise you! It's really good! Also, it makes sense for an S-rank to get stripped of their friends outside of the guild. The association does a shitty job with letting a hunter have a social life. On top of that, the paparazzi doesn't do a better job anyways."

Haein listens to you with intent.

"Ah I'm so sorry! How about you? Did you do anything before becoming Vice-master?"

"Ah... I practice.. sword arts." She scratches her cheek shyly.

"WOAH! That's actually so hot!" You gasp. "Tell me about it!"

I remember this and I would not complain if she cut me in half if anything I would thank her-

Both of you lose track, and eventually the clock hits 1am.

"Ah I'm so sorry! You must be so tired!" You gasp. "The bill was already paid so we can just leave. Sorry again!"

"No no! I actually... liked talking to you."

"Then let's meet up again!" You grin. "Or... I can join you on raids?"

"A-ah speaking of which... what rank are you?"

"I got re-evaluated two days ago. I'm an S-rank. So we'll be best friends from now on!" You grin.

Cha Haein... you hoped that you could make up for the lost time in her younger years.

The next day comes quickly, and you both stare at the chairman and the paparazzi.

"Yo who brought the paparazzi?" You squint. You're met with a silence. "Jinwoo I forgave you yesterday while I was having fun with Haein you can stop being quiet now."

Jinwoo still looks down.

"C'mere," You hold his face in your hands, and you give him a quick peck on his forehead. "There. Your payment as promised."

Jinwoo hides his face in his hands, and you grin. The two of you arrive at the door, and you sigh.

"Aura" You stare at the paparazzi. "Please get the fuck out of my way I have an interview to be at."

The paparazzi clears and makes way for both you and Jinwoo out of instinct, and you grin at the chairman.

"Hunter Y/n."