Chapter 18 (revised 06/09/2023)

Start from the beginning

They reply, "Thank you."

I go to my purse and pull out several envelopes. I picked up the first one, "I was informed because of my hospital stay and bed rest, the trial for my rape was postponed and will begin a week from tomorrow. I planned a luncheon for today, but I saw that it was turned into a baby shower."

Several people smile at me while others glare at me. I walk over to my lawyer. "Cynthia, as my lawyer, I am officially giving you my letter of intent for you to file with the Supernatural Council officially. This letter asks that Elder Councilman Zephyr Coleman be made my pups and my guardian to represent them to the council since I cannot trust my kind to do so."

This causes Councilmen Alexander, Barth, George, and Xavier to jump up and growl. "You cannot do that." "Wolves represent wolves." "This is treason." "This is why those abominations should have been terminated."

I calmly turn to them, "Their reactions here are why I am requesting guardianship outside the wolf community."

Councilman Alexander growls, "Under our laws, you cannot seek such action without the support of an alpha."

Then I see two alphas stand up. I looked surprised. Alpha Goliath nods at Alpha Solomon to speak first, "As everyone in my pack knows, I have referred to these pups as abominations. Today when she presented these pups to us. She presented them to me as her alpha. I did not and will not deny these pups as future members of my pack. Seeing their faces gave me the reality that they are part of my pack, and as such, I give them sanctuary. I do not protest her wanting to use Elder Zephyr to represent the pups. I also withdrew my claims to their father's land."

Alpha Goliath replies, "I also support her and publicly withdraw my claim to the pup's land. Though I have presented paperwork to Solomon of my intent to do that."

Alpha Bruno stands, "As neighbors and allies, I support Alpha Solomon and Alpha Goliath. Any territory that would have come to me will be signed over to Jocelyn's pups."

The councilman growls and sits down. Their mates then touch their arms and calm them down. I pick up several letters and hand them to the wolf council and the fairy council. Plus, I give one to my lawyer. "This letter will be presented to the supernatural council of my intent to file suit on the werewolf's council to abolish barbaric and antiquated laws. These laws include forcing she-wolves to terminate pups, not her mates; she-wolves cannot hold places of power; she-wolves have to have a male put as guardianship if her mate cannot raise them.  There were 23 total such laws I found after just 2 hours of research that are listed down. I ask all such laws be reviewed and struck down. Plus, any other such laws are yet to be found. We need to move into the 21st century."

Councilman Xavier stands up, "There is no reason to have anyone look and change our laws." His mate growls at him. He then sits down while seething.

She then goes and picks up the last two letters. She gives one to her lawyer. She walks over to Alpha Bruno, "This might want to make you withdraw your support of me." Jocelyn's eyes turn dark blue. She looks at her parents and then at Alpha Solomon. She turns around and looks at Alpha Bruno. "This letter is intended to file charges against your Beta..."

Beta Frank stands up and steps toward her threateningly, "You slut. You are filing what on me? Me rejecting you for keeping other pups. Me rejecting you because I heard how you came while supposedly being raped? That you came several times with multiple wolves. Do you know how it felt to hear them brag when I spied on them and then to find out that you were my mate?"

Councilor Cass and Meri got up and walked to Jocelyn and showed her support. Jocelyn looked at them and squeezed their hands. Jocelyn replied, "Imagine how it felt to know my body betrayed me by responding. I learned in counseling that this happens. That it wasn't my fault. I felt hurt and sick by it. Then when I met my mate who's supposed to love and support me through anything, I discovered more betrayal. Yes, I am filing a suit against your pack because of your actions. I also officially, in that letter, cut all ties to  Beta Frank. I ask you to pay for such slander, then ask your alpha to acknowledge your wrongdoing. Then give me a blessing so I can be opened up and hopefully given a second chance, mate."

"No, you do not deserve a second chance, mate, and I won't support it," Frank yells.

Jocelyn replies, "That won't be your choice."

Frank starts to turn, and Alpha Bruno yells, "Beta Frank stop. Go run it off." Then Beta Franks turns and runs off."

Jocelyn has tears running down her face. Alpha Bruno replies, "I am not even going to open that letter. My pack will put $20,000 a piece in a trust fund for your pup's education. Plus, grant you a blessing at the next full moon." He then turns and walks away, and the rest of his pack stands up and follows. At the edge of the woods, he stops and looks at Jocelyn and calls out, "Enjoy your gift. Hope you invite me to their blessings after their birth." He turns back to the woods and disappears.

Then the werewolf's council stands and leaves too.

Alpha Solomon says, "Glad I am not the only one you infuriate. Now open your gifts. I want to see how you like what I got you."

"