32 : scaredy cat

Começar do início

San was standing outside, looking up at the moon when Jiseol finally exited the cell room. He noticed her and flashed a small smile. "Let's go, shall we?"

Using their skills as assassins, they made their way out of the village and back into the forest outskirts of Aurora to head back to the border. They waited to be far from the main town before speaking again in case anyone was up.

"Um Seollie?"

"Yeah?"

"Why did you run away that day at my house?"

Silence.

"Um may I tell you next time? I need a little more time to think."

"Of course, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to." All he got back was a deep sigh.

No response again. San was getting a little anxious about how Jiseol was behaving. How was she so composed and put together in front of Yeosang when she looked like she was in the brink of tears as of the moment?

"Um, how were your days there? Did you eat good food?"

"San, I appreciate the effort but can we just walk quietly? I have a lot on my mind."

"Ah, sorry..." The lad slowly slipped his hand in hers, rubbing his thumb on the back of her hand. "I'm sorry,"

Jiseol glanced at him before looking forward again, they were close to the border and would have to part again.

"San, it's okay, really. I should be thanking both you and Yeosang instead of accepting your apologies. It was my choice to go and run off so it's okay."

"But-"

"I have to go, we're here."

San sighed, "Okay, I'll see you in the next crescent moon. I will miss you." He wrapped his arms around her body for a moment before letting go, not forgetting to place a lingering kiss on her left temple.

"I will too."

⇠┅┅┅┅┅┅༻❁༺┅┅┅┅┅┅⇢

Jiseol wanted a peaceful morning after her sudden disappearance but she wasn't having that perfect calm morning at all. She stared back at the three boys, their eyes wide and fixated on her as if they've seen something they shouldn't have.

"Are you seeing what I'm seeing?" Wooyoung broke the silence after a good 5 minutes of awkward staring.

"If you're seeing the actual Nam Jiseol then yes." Yunho responds and almost immediately, they squeeze the life out of Jiseol as they huddled into a group hug.

"Where the hell did you go?!"

"Please loosen up! I'm sorry, let me explain during breakfast."

And so she explained.

"So what you're saying is that you went on a trip without even saying goodbye beforehand? What's wrong? Are you okay?"

"Well, yeah basically. I'm okay now, don't worry. It was just becoming a little suffocating and I just needed to clear my head."

"You sure? You never disappear for a few days."

"Okay, in my defense, I wrote a note." Jiseol rolled her eyes playfully.

"Um yeah but you always verbally tell us and say goodbye before leaving."

"You don't even take breaks..."

"Everyone changes, don't they? Now let's eat."

The lads exchange a look before skeptically continuing to eat.

—