24 : unreasonable words

" UNREASONABLE WORDS "

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

A small smile was painted on Jiseol lips as she fantasized about being back in Choi San's arms while he places kisses on her left temple. Her grin grew as her eyes laid on the lad's messy black locks. She sat down, about to greet him only for the grin to be wiped off the moment she was greeted by an angry expression instead of San's usual smile.

His eyes narrowed, "Jiseol, what the hell?"

"Wow, hello to you too."

"'Hello'? That's all you can say? Because no, you can't just disappear for two months and come back saying hi as if nothing happened."

"Well, the princess was almost attacked, we got sent to an emergency mission which took more than a month and now we're here."

The lad scoffs, not believing her attitude as of the moment. Jiseol would be lying if she said she wasn't at least a little bit scared of how he's acting right now. She's always seen him smiling so this sudden switch of emotion terrified her, just slightly.

"Is that all you have to say? Are you seriously taking this lightly?"

"No, it's not that I'm taking it lightly. I just don't understand why you couldn't have asked without getting angry like a normal person would. Look San, I'm sorry, my schedule was tight and I didn't have enough time to say something."

"So that's that? You just leave without even thinking of the overwhelming amount of negative emotions you gave me by not showing up for two months? How ridiculous." Jiseol kept quiet, not knowing what to respond to that.

Her silence only irritated San more so he stood up before he could say anything more, he barely took a step away when he felt Jiseol's hand grab his and stood up as well.

"San, I'm sorry. I promise I wanted to tell you but I didn't have time and it's not my fault."

"If you really cared about me you would've thought about how I felt. Didn't you already go through it when I went on my mission? It was hell, right? So how can you do that to me?"

"San, there was no guarantee that you were coming back alive, but me? I'm here, I'm still alive."

"So you're invalidating what I felt?"

"No, San, please I'm sorry-"

"It doesn't matter that you were coming back alive and well or not, it's the fact you didn't tell me. You could've been dead for all I know! Plus, who knows what could have happened to you during that mission."