Baelfire emerged from behind Rumpelstiltskin. "Mama?"

"Bae... You were supposed to wait outside, son," Rumpelstiltskin said.

Milah acquiesced and left with the two of them.

---

At their home, Milah laid in bed while Rumpelstiltskin made tea.

"You don't really wish I died during the Ogre Wars, do you?" Rumpelsiltskin said.

"I wish you'd fought," Milah replied. "Don't you?"

"Well, I'm alive. And I'm here – with you, with Bae."

"This isn't a life. Not for me. Why can't we just leave?"

"We've talked about that."

"You don't have to be the village coward. We could start again. Go somewhere no one knows us. See the whole world, beyond this village."

"I know this wasn't the life you wanted, but it... It can be good. Here. At least try. If not for me, then... for Bae."

"Okay. I'll try."

REAL WORLD - PRESENT

Mr. Gold entered the house where Belle was already waiting for him in the kitchen.

"Hey," Mr. Gold greeted.

"Hey. What are you doing?" Belle asked.

"I was, uh... Going to make you breakfast."

"No, in... In the basement. I saw you practicing magic."

"Let's have breakfast."

"No, we need to talk about this."

"It was just a couple of spells. Nothing to be concerned about."

"Okay, then be honest with me. Why did you bring magic here?"

"I've told you - magic is power."

"Why do you need it? Tell me." He said nothing. "You don't need power, Rumple. You need courage, to let me in." She left.

FAIRY TALE WORLD - PAST

A woman knocked on Rumpelstiltskin's door. He answered.

"Rumpelstiltskin, you need to get to the docks now!" the woman said.

"The docks?" Rumpelstiltskin repeated. "Why?"

"The men who came into port last week – they've taken Milah. They're setting sail. You must hurry."

---

At the docks, Rumpelstiltskin boarded one of the pirate ships. As he tried to climb on, he tripped and fell on the deck. He looked up, and saw Captain Hook standing over him.

"On your feet for the captain," a pirate ordered as two pirates grabbed Rumpelstiltskin and pulled him to his feet.

"I... I remember you," Rumpelstiltskin stammered. "F-From the bar." He noticed Nevaeh and Adeline. "I remember them too."

"It's always nice to make an impression," Hook said, glancing to Nevaeh and Adeline with a smirk. "Well, where are my manners? We haven't been formally introduced. Killian Jones. My darling sisters, Nevaeh and Adeline Jones. Now, what are you doing aboard my ship?"

"You have my wife."

"Well, I've had many a man's wife."

"No. Y-You... Just... You see... We have a son, and he needs his mother."