"Mother! You know I don't like it when you use magic."

"And I don't like insolence. I'll stop using magic, when you start being an obedient daughter."

"Why can't I just be myself?"

"Oh, because you can be so much more. If you'd just let me help you..."

"I don't care about status. I just want to be-" Cora magically wrapped the reins around the Evil Queen, cutting off her air supply.

"Cora, please.," Henry I begged.

"Please... I'll be good, " the Evil Queen said.

"Excellent," Cora replied. "That's all I wanted to hear."

---

In the stable, Daniel was brushing one of the horses. The Evil Queen entered after her encounter with her mother.

"Daniel. I'm sorry I snapped at you, " the Evil Queen apologized.

"That's all right," Daniel replied. "You'll just have to find some way to make it up to me" They kissed.

STORYBROOKE - PRESENT

Emma left Granny's Diner when David called out to her. They talked as they walked to her car.

"Emma. Hey," David called.

"David, I don't have time," Emma said.

"No, I-I understand. It's Mary Margaret. How's she doing?"

"How do you think she's doing?"

"Well, I think the last time we spoke, she didn't quite get what I meant."

"Oh, you mean that you basically told her you thought she might be guilty?"

"Look, it's this situation. It's been confusing and horrible for everyone. But, Emma, I don't think she's guilty. I need her to know that. Can I see her?"

"She doesn't want visitors."

"You mean me. She doesn't want to see me."

"Honestly David. I'm sure your heart is in the right place, but the last thing she needs right now is words of encouragement from you."

"What does she need?"

"A miracle."

SHERIFF STATION

Mary Margaret was sleeping in her cell. When she woke, she saw Regina watching her.

"They say only the guilty sleep in prison," Regina said.

Mary Margaret frowned. "What are you doing here? Where's Emma?"

"She hasn't arrived yet. I just wanted to stop by to offer you a chance. A chance to spare yourself and this town the messiness of a trial. The chance to confess."

"But I didn't kill Kathryn. Why won't anyone believe me?"

"The murder weapon was found in your apartment, your fingerprint was on the box containing Kathryn's heart... Shall I go on? Why not, for once, make it easier on everyone? Because confession or not, you're leaving Storybrooke."

"And you like that. Why? Why do you take such pleasure in this? What did I ever do to you to make you hate me so much?"

ENCHANTED FOREST - PAST

By horseback, the Evil Queen met with Daniel in a field. She got off to greet him.

"I thought we could take a ride to Firefly Hill," Daniel said. "We can make it by sundown, have a picnic-"