"Well, I hope you find it."

"Thank you."

Jefferson tried to walk, but had an obvious limp.

"Oh, you are hurt," Emma noted.

"No, I just twisted my ankle, I think," the man answered. "I live just a mile down the road. I'll make it okay."

"No, let me drive you. I insist."

"Thank you. I'm Jefferson."

"Emma."

They got into Emma's car.

ENCHANTED FOREST - PAST

Jefferson ran through the woods, seemingly trying to escape from something. He stopped to rest by a tree, but was caught by his daughter Grace and his wife Nevaeh.

"Papa, Mama and I found you," Grace said.

"You certainly did," Jefferson replied. "You must be part bloodhound, my dear Grace. My darling Nevaeh, did you use your power?"

Nevaeh shook her head. "No, my dear, I didn't. It was all Grace and her knack to find things."

"Now it's my turn to hide, and you seek," Grace said, turning to Nevaeh. "You too, Mama."

"I'm afraid playtime's over," Jefferson told her, "though, you can still use that nose of yours to hunt mushrooms. Enough to sell at market tomorrow. Do you think you can do that? Ready or not, here we come." They headed back to their house, where the Evil Queen's carriage was parked outside. "Wait."

"Whose carriage is that?"

"The Queen's," Jefferson and Nevaeh replied.

"In our house? Do you know her?"

"Of course not," Jefferson said. "Now, listen carefully. Hey. I want you to stay hidden in the woods. Like our game. Veah, go with her please. I'm going to find out what she's doing here." Jefferson entered the house, while Grace ran off into the forest. Neveah placed a gentle hand to Jefferson's cheek before following Grace. Inside, the Evil Queen was waiting.

"I'd like to say you're looking well, Jefferson, but I'd be lying," the Evil Queen said. "Poverty doesn't suit you. Why live in poverty when your precious wife possesses the power to conjure great things?"

"Nevaeh isn't that type of person. What are you doing here, Regina?"

"I have a job for you."

"I don't do that anymore."

"Yes, I heard you hung up your hat. Why? Is it because of your sweet daughter Grace and your darling wife Nevaeh?"

"Because of my work, she lost her mother. I don't want her to lose her father or her stepmother, too."

"So, now you're foraging for fungus. What kind of future do your daughter and wife have here with you? Do this one last favor for me, and you can give them the life they deserve."

"That's why I'm staying. You don't abandon family. That's... What she deserves. What they both deserve. Now, please leave."

"All I need is your special skills to get me somewhere. Somewhere you've been before. Do it, and I can change your life." She handed him a piece of paper.

"What business could you possibly have there?"

"Something of mine was taken and found its way over there. I want it back."