"Okay." Juliette leaned back against the wall, a little confused. "Then why couldn't he fly properly?"

"Is that a rhetorical question?"

"Come on, be serious for a second. Matthew said the broom is going to be inspected. So if you're not telling the truth-"

"I just love it when you trust me unconditionally."

"I do trust you." Juliette paused. "But I also don't."

"I'm very flattered."

"In a very innocent way." She added quickly, the seriousness leaving her expression.

"How can you not trust someone in an innocent way?"

"Just take the compliment."

"How is that a compliment!?" Draco questioned, a laugh escaping from his mouth. A laugh that was still a stranger to Juliette's ears. But she loved that stranger, and she hoped to hear more of it.

"I'm trying my best!"

"Well, maybe you shouldn't." He suggested. Juliette gasped. "Come on, that was horrible. Admit it."

"It wasn't horrible. There just aren't enough words to explain what I'm trying to explain."

"So it's the language's fault? I get it."

"The point is-" Juliette huffed. "I trust you but I don't trust you to not do something bad in order to help me, which will eventually put me in trouble."

"See, you can use words." Draco commented.

"Draco."

"Fine! Fine. Why don't we wait until the broom is inspected? Then you can apologize to me." He suggested. "I haven't decided if I'll forgive you yet, though."

Juliette sighed hopelessly. Draco kept making sarcastic comments until the lunch break was over almost as if it was his turn to annoy her, his Potions book completely forgotten.

▬۩▬

Waiting for the rainy morning of Saturday was as nerve wrecking as waiting for the tryouts. The news of her attempt at being a Seeker was out and her roommates didn't waste a second to question her.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Hannah asked on the night of the tryouts.

"It never came up." Juliette answered, eyes closed and head buried in her pillow, sending out a silent message of how she just wanted to sleep. The truth was, she didn't understand why the people who would send her death glares each night before blowing out the candles were now acting like they've been best friends since forever. It confused her and their attempts at being kind to her all of a sudden didn't make her feel any comfort.

"But this is huge! I even heard that Matthew was happy with you! I think you'll get chosen after all." Hannah replied, her voice radiating excitement.

"It's not like Smith stands a chance anyway. I don't know why he even tried." Leah joined in the conversation. Her legs were dangling from the bed as she proof-read her mock essay.

"He's been so confident too." Megan added.

Juliette turned her back to them as their focus shifted from her to Zacharias. She slightly lifted her eyelids and looked at her bedside picture. It became a routine of hers and she couldn't imagine going to bed without seeing Cedric's smiling face ever again. She wondered what he would think of her now. Would he be proud? Even if she didn't get picked? Would he get mad at her for seeking Draco's help?