CHAPTER 11- She fights back??

Start from the beginning

I was surprised that the girl who was extremely calm when my sisters' were insulting her was now answering them back for Veena that too courageously. Everyone's eyes were wide as saucers by now and Jiya and Diya looked afraid. They shouldn't have used such words.

"You are talking to Veena and she is not a servant. She is my elder sister. I was tolerating your nuisance without a word but now I have had enough. I was certainly respecting you both more than required but now I guess you need to know who you are talking to" Riya said in her fearless angry tone making the twins avert their eyes from her.

"What did you say about gold diggers? Right this was the term. MIND IT, you are talking to the owner of GLAMOUR FASHION HOUSE...RS or you may call RIYA SHEKHAWAT" she spoke.

Everyone gasped and I was admiring the girl who was stating her achievements proudly just to stand up for her sister. My mind mocked "you admire everything she does" and I nodded inwardly.

"I am not here for any sort of business merger or contract. WAIT, I will clear all your doubts today and tell you how business is done" Riya continued. She took out her phone from her pocket and called someone, probably her manager and put the phone on speaker.

"Hello, Yes ma'am?" the person on the line asked.

"Dev, how many shares of our company are owned by me?" she asked and he gasped.

"Ma'am 60%" he answered in a confused tone. Maybe he wasn't expecting this question.

"What does it mean?" she asked as if asking him to tell in layman's language for beginners standing in the house of businessmen.

"Ma'am it simply means no decision can be taken without your permission and you own the company" he explained. She is surely teaching a lesson to my sister's who were now more than shocked.

"Ok, but how many shares are owned by Mr Veer Shekhawat in my company?" Riya asked. He giggled as if it was a joke and Riya just smiled but quickly hid it realising that she is angry.

"Ma'am this is not even a question. Sir, doesn't own even a single share in the company" he answered as if the statement was more than obvious.

"Why is it so?" Riya asked.

"Ma'am when you started the company you did not want any favours and did it all by yourself and moreover you did not want his company to face loss in case of failure. Your family remains out of business" he said.

Riya just glared at Diya and Jiya and they were already looking down in embarrassment. Then he went on to say

"Ma'am the industry knows that you don't mix personal and professional life"

Riya just kept on staring at the twins and raising her voice a bit she said "PLEASE REPEAT"

"Ma'am the business world knows that your personal life stays out of your professional life. You even met Mr Siddarth Roy today in a formal manner after taking an official appointment and the deal was signed officially even if he is your husband" he said and I smiled proudly at this statement because being my wife her one call would have been enough to get the contract but she chose to remain professional.

'She doesn't consider you her husband' my mind told me.

'Yet' I added and then pushing all thoughts aside I focused on the current situation.

Then she went on to clear everyone's doubts, even mine.

"Dev, do I or my company have any official link with shekhawat Industries?" she asked and to everyone's shock he said