I crack a smile and grab a beer from him. I’ve got to admit here, I was just as bad as drinking as Niall; I needed a beer all the time really.

The legal drinking age here in the US is 21, and we are all underage which sucks ass. I take a long swig from the bottle, which causes me release from the real world. No I wasn’t addicted, I just really liked to drink sometimes, even though it meant horrible hangovers in the mornings.

“I guess this was my Christmas present to you all, especially you Valerie.” Louis laughs. I stick my chin in the air, but don’t reply.

There was not much time left until ‘Christmas’ or as I like to call it, a holiday made up by a bunch of retarded teenagers. It was half past eleven, meaning we only had half an hour before our holiday.

“It’s snowing” Danielle says her voice lining with happiness.

Everyone rushes over to the window watching the snow fall lightly onto the floor which was also covered in white fluff.

“It’s so beautiful.” I breathe out watching the scene from the window. I felt like a little kid, huddled against the window, watching the snow fall, excited for Christmas.

Everyone murmurs in agreement and just watches the snow in silence. Niall’s front was pressed against my back as I was leaning over Eleanor to see the view.

“This is just- wow” Josh whispers slightly, his voice barely audible. The scene was breathtaking, I couldn’t even describe it. And I swear, in that moment, I realized how much I had to be thankful for. I had amazing friends, an extraordinary mother, and great memories to hold onto.

~~~FLASHBACK~~~

Niall and I had our noses pressed to the glass as we watched the snow falls onto his lawn. It was Christmas Eve and we were huddle closely together in our onsie’s. Niall older brother, Greg as sitting next to me. Niall and I were only eight years old as we continued to watch the snow.

This was when my father still lived with my mother and I and we were all at Niall’s and we were going to spend the night. It was our Christmas tradition, and it always has been.

“Do you think Santa is going to come?” Niall asks me, removing his face from the window.

“Most definitely.” I squawk out.

“Santa doesn’t-”Greg starts, but his mum tells him to hush. I scrunched my nose in confusion, but let it slide.

We heard the noise coming from upstairs, as Niall and I got excited.

“Looks like Santa is here.” MY mum says a smile on her lips.

“But he’s early.”I say glancing around.

“He just couldn’t wait.” Auntie Maura told me a small smile on her lips.

And then we saw a man in a big red suit make his way down the stairs. At the time, we didn’t realize it was Niall’s father who was under the costume, and we were genially happy.

“Santa?” Niall asked his eyes big and rounds.

“Ho, Ho, Ho.” ‘Santa’ said once he had reached Niall, Greg, and I.

“What did I get for Christmas?” I ask innocently. To be honest, I could care less about the man in the big red suit, I was just hoping I got the game I was hoping for. I was a complete boy growing up, never a girly- girl. I just grew up with guys as best friends, even when I lived in London. And when I moved to Mullingar, I just happened to make friends with Niall, another boy.

The rest of the night was spent opening some of our presents until ‘Santa’ had to leave.

*** 8 years later***

Niall and I had been invited to this huge Christmas party thrown by the most popular people in school. Problem was that I couldn’t go because no matter the amount of make-up I would put on, it wouldn’t be able to mask my broken heart. I had gone out with this guy for a pretty long time, only to find out that he was cheating on me the whole time. I let the tears fall freely down my cheeks as I angrily threw the dress I had bought onto the floor. Niall had warned me not to go out with him, that he will leave me broken hearted, but I didn’t listen. I looked up into the window to see Niall staring at me with his eyebrows knit in confusion. Our windows faced each other, and since we were neighbors, we normally communicated this way. Niall scribbled something onto a piece of paper before holding it up.

‘You’re not going tonight?” It read.

I shook my head no, trying not to let him notice my face. I had bags under my eyes, nose were bright red and my cheeks were stained with dried tears.

However Niall noticed something wasn’t right, so he held up another note that read ‘What’s wrong.”

I didn’t want to answer, so I had just closed the curtains, trying to block him out.

Only minutes later, Niall was pounding on my bedroom door. Knowing my mum, she had probably let him in.

After I had talked it over with Niall, we had spent that Christmas watching a bunch of movies and eating ice cream. I was so lucky to have Niall as a best friend, and I have to say that was one of the best Christmas’ ever. We baked the whole night, and Maura and Greg ended up staying over too.

~OUT OF FLASHBACK~

I never even realized the time had passed that we were all lost in our own world, completely oblivious to the world, or even the time. I never even noticed how old I was getting; I just wanted to stop the tape and rewind. I didn’t want to get any older than I already was. I wanted to go back and relive the old memories, and create new ones. I sighed as more memories flooded through my mind, not all of them as good as others.

“It’s almost time.” Liam states glancing at the clock, and indeed he was right, it was almost time for our not-Christmas.

“I’m so thankful for you all.” Taylor said out of the blue. “I’m just so glad that I have been able to have great friends like you all.” She said her mind still wandering over other things.

“This isn’t Thanksgiving, its Christmas so stop being all sappy, or I’m going to cry.” Louis said his face serious.

I think it had hit us. We are so old, and we all just wanted to be little kids again. I didn’t even know what to do, so I just took a long swig out of my bottle.

“Wow, this got depressing fast, let’s play a game.” Taylor suggested. We all murmured in agreement and walked over to the living area and sat down in a weird circle thing.

*~*~*~*

We ended up playing two truths and a lie. It was basically when someone stated two truths and a lie, and someone had to guess the lie. And if you guessed the lie wrong, you had to take a long swig out of your beer bottle. So basically, we were drunk.

Everyone had knocked out, except for me, and I was stumbling back to my room.

“Valerie?” I heard as I turned around to see Niall staring back at me.

I try to focus on his words but my head was pounding and I was going to pass out.

“Why didn’t you bring it up?” He slurred stumbling on the door frame.

“Bring what up?” I asked trying not to black out.

“The kiss. Valerie why don’t you open your eyes and notice how much more it meant to me then it meant to you?" Niall asked before he swayed a little and landed onto the floor, out cold. 

~Authors Note~

So, who wants to make me a banner? I’d love you forever! Just email it to me at: iwantharrysgravyrightnow@gmail.com. And I put up my Facebook page make sure to like it please! Here is a link : http://www.facebook.com/pages/With-Your-Love/313760328735724 . And I’m not going to ask for votes anymore, BUT KEEP VOTING PLEASE. I’m just going to update when I get time! Love you all, Husna xx