Now to focus on me, I have to find my dad quickly.
As I made it all the way to the other house's dining room, The sound of laughter entered my ears, and I recognized that it was my dad and Mr. Armsberg.
"Thank you so much for everything; this is the kind of lifestyle that I've always wished I could give my daughter; I've always felt like a failure because I couldn't provide her the basic needs; her mother was not the best either." My dad chuckled. "My little girl just turned 18, and I felt like she missed a lot of her childhood".

I thought back to the times when I, too, felt like I wasn't enjoying being a kid; I never got the luxury of being free of worries, and I never got the chance to be a teenage girl worrying about typical teenage kinds of stuff either. Listening to my dad addressing and saying what I wish he could have seen brought tears to my eyes. So he does care about me?
Maybe I have been a brat. Perhaps I was the selfish one in my family who never thought about others' emotions. I never really thought about how hard it was for my father; I never knew how hard it was for him to feel the way that he does.

Maybe it was all in my head, Or maybe Stone just went to the wrong room last night, and he was drunk or something... I guess. Alcohol does make people do irrational things without thinking. Maybe it really was an accident. This could have all been a misunderstanding. I should drop it and give this family one more chance, at least just for my dad's sake.

"Oh hey, Sei" I got startled as I heard my dad's voice. "We didn't see you there." He said with a soft chuckle

"What are you doing here?" Mr. Armsberg said with his left brow slightly raised.

"I wanted to see my dad," I said, moving from the corner and walking over to them. Damn it, I wasn't supposed to look like I was eavesdropping. I look hella suspicious right now.

I wrapped my arms around my dad as I made it over. I rested my chin on his chest and looked at him over my lashes. "Good morning, Daddy." Way to go on not making myself look suspicious; I haven't called him Daddy in so long that he was taken aback. "Is everything okay?" He said, brushing his hands over my head. He knows I wanted something. I took a deep breath and convinced myself that I was okay. It was all just in my head. It was probably a one-timing thing, and if I go back to the room later, he'll be gone and leave an apology note saying that he was drunk. Let's forget about it and accept this life for your father. He deserves a chance to be happy and relaxed.

"Yes, I wanted to eat breakfast with you," I said, holding him tighter.
"Wow, my daughter cares," he chuckled and took my hand in his, and we headed to the dining table with Mr. Armsberg trailing right behind us.
...

Breakfast with my dad was really peaceful.
Things felt just like the old days; maybe I should open up my heart more and stop seeing the bad in everything. Stop looking too deep into things— which always ends up hurting my feelings. That had always been a bad trait I struggled with all my life. Because of that, it prevented me from doing many things. I'm always wondering what can go wrong everywhere I go, and most of the time, I can't help but do that.

"Are you excited to start college?" I looked up to see Mr. Armsberg staring at me, smiling. I honestly so badly wanted to slap that smile out of his face. That two-faced bitch. "No," I simply answered him, gently moving the plate away from me since I was finished.

"No?" He said with a confused face. "Then why are you going?"

"I need a stable job to make money and have a good life, so where do people go to do that? "College," and my dad wants me to go," I said sarcastically.

He chuckled at my response. "Well, you don't have to go if you don't want to, my son has a company, and he could hook you up with a stable job that pays very well; he was looking for a personal assistant anyway," after he mentioned his son that was a no for me. I'm going to stay away from that man.