Chapter 36

.....A Few Days Later.....

Today's the day we've been preparing for. The day I get to finally marry Alex.

While my makeup is being applied and my hair being fixed by Sophia and Maddie. I can't help but recall all of the wonderful memories we've had together and how much we've been through.

Each decision we made, brought us here, to where we are now.

I remember I was asked by one of the paparazzi when Alex and I broke up; 'Did I regret being with him?'.

All I did then was ignore the question. But now that I think about it, there isn't anything in life I regret, aside from not visiting Othillia sooner.

After some time I was helped into my wedding gown by Abby and Margaret when my mom and Victoria entered.

I chose to keep the makeup very simple and my hair, placed in a bun with a few curled strands out to frame my face.

The top of my wedding gown is long sleeves made of lace and from my waist downwards is satin with a bit more lace at the lower portions of the gown as well as some beads and sequins.

"My little girl's getting married" Mom says as a tear escapes her eyes.

I reach for the napkin on the nearby table amd hand it over to her as she laughs before wiping away the tear.

"You look breathtaking Amelia" Victoria says righy beside mom.

"Thank you" I say as Abby continues to fix my gown, making sure everything is perfect.

"We will be going in a while, Alex is already there" she says as I nod.

Before anyone could speak further the door opens and Camille enters while holding a box.

"Ah there it is, the final touch" Victoria says as Camille opens the box.

Camille gently lifts the tiara off of the box and quickly approaches me before gently placing it on my head.

With a bit of adjustments the tiara and the veil were finally in place.

"Perfect" Maddie says as she and Camille finish inserting the last pin in my hair to keep everything in place.

I turn to them as my mom immediately hugs me amd I hug her back.

"You look beautiful, Lia" she quietly says as I thank her before pulling apart as she wipes her face again.

Not long after everyone was called to get ready for their departure to the church.

Margaret and Abby left the room to finish some things up and get ready to depart while Sophia and Maddie stayed.

"Our best friend's getting married" Maddie says to Sophia as they both smile at me.

I quickly approach them as we hug each other "Thank you for helping Alex and I on everything, since we started dating" I say with a smile as they smile back at me.

"You deserve it, you've helped us countless times" Sophia says

"Especially during class recitations" Maddie says as we all laugh while breaking apart from the hug.

Another knock on the door as Martha peaks in and before she could say anything else they nod at her.

"Two minutes" Sophia calls out as Martha hesitantly nods before closing the door.

"We'll see you when you get there" Sophia says as I nod at them.

"Goodluck" Maddie says and after one more hug they walk out of the room.

I walk towards the window as I look out, I see some of them starting to make their way to the abbey as thousands of people line up the streets, waiting right outside the palace gates.

Soon the door opens and closes as Dad walks in and I turn around to face him to see a huge smile on his face.

"You look all grown up" he says as he approaches me with tears in his eyes.

"Dad you can't cry or we will be here the whole day" I say as he laughs before wiping away his tears.

"You look just like your mother" he says as I smile at him, yet before I could say anything else a knock on the door sounds as Martha peaks in once more.

"It's time" she says as I nod and I turn towards Dad as he smiles at me before offering his arm as I place my hand we walk out of the room with Martha following right behind.

Soon we stop right in front of the palace doors as my gown and its train are being fixed.

After they fix everything and everyone moves to the side, Martha quickly approaches us.

"Everything's ready when you're ready" she says as I nod before taking a deep breath and turning to her.

"I'm ready" I say as she nods and gestures for the doors to be opened.

The doors open and the cheers of the crowd go louder as we walk out towards the waiting car.

We enter the car and I am quickly helped with my wedding gown as I enter the car.

Not long after the drive begins to the abbey and we wave as we pass the crowds that line the streets.

After a few mins we arrive as the car stops right in front of the entrance.

The door was opened and I step out of the car, to be greeted by Abby as she gets the end of my gown.

While waiting I wave at the crowds, I didn't think the cheers could go louder, but it did.

Once Abby has fixed the end of my gown and Dad has gotten out of the car. We start to walk up the steps and head inside the Abbey.

After a few instructions given it was time for the walk down the aisle.

We stood at the beginning of the aisle while Martha and others who are part of her team were fixing my gown and making sure everything is perfect.

The music began as they stepped away, I looked up at Dad as he smiled at me and I turned back to face the aisle as we began walking.

Author's Note:

Word Count: 1038

Hope you liked it.

Sorry for not updating in quite some time, I've been very busy with school.