Chapter 11: College life - Age 19

Rose's POV

My final class ended and I couldn't be happier. Finally, it was spring break!

I went to my dorm room. When I arrived, I looked around. "Cora?" I sighed when I didn't see her, she was busy again.

I walked to my bed and started packing. I was going back to my fathers for two weeks. I'd leave tomorrow morning.

When I was done packing, I laid down on my bed and waited for Cora. I hope I'll see her soon, I'd love to spend some time with her before we'd go our separate ways...

____________________________

I parked the car at my fathers' house. I sighed and got out of the car. I opened the trunk and got my luggage before walking to the front door.

I entered the house and immediately was greeted with two big hugs. "Honey," Dad said after he pulled back. "Finally! We missed you."

"It's been too long," Papa added. "I don't know how we'll survive 2 more years of this..."

"I missed you too," I smiled at them. "I'm happy to be back," I dropped my luggage on the ground. "It's good to be around the people I love."

They smiled. "Come." They guided me towards the living room. When we arrived, I saw they had put several snacks and drinks on the coffee table. 

I shook my head and smiled. "You two are unbelievable," I sat down, they sat down in front of me. "But it's really sweet. Thank you."

We started snacking a bit and drank a bit. I could tell they wanted to ask so many questions but it's clear they wanted to give me some time to eat and drink after my journey.

I looked at them. "I missed you two." I repeated.

They smiled a bit. "How is college?" Papa asked. "Are you doing well?"

"Are you enjoying college life?" Dad added.

I sighed.

"Rose?"

I looked down a bit. "College is fine," I paused a bit. "Classes are great," I sighed. "I just miss my girlfriend," I looked up at them. "I barely see her."

They both frowned a bit. "But you two share a dorm room..."

"I know," I sighed. "I see her late at night. She's always so busy," I looked down. "I understand it though," I paused. "She's got her classes, I've got mine," I shrugged. "I just thought we'd spend some time together."

"I'm sorry, honey," Dad said as he showed me an apologetic smile. "She probably has a lot going on, I don't think she's doing this on purpose."

I nodded.

"Have you tried telling her?" Papa asked.

I looked at him. "I don't want her to worry, she should focus on school."

They nodded but didn't reply anymore. They seemingly agreed with what I was saying. "Here," Dad said, presenting me the tray with snacks. "Have another one to cheer you up."

I smiled a bit. "Thanks, dad."

After catching up with my fathers, I went to my room. I sighed as I welcomed the familiar scent. I smiled before taking my phone. I sent Cora a text, asking her when we could meet up.

While I waited for her reply, I started unpacking. I put laundry away and put other things in their previous spots. When I was done, I took my laptop and sat down at my desk. While I was starting my computer, I checked my phone. Unfortunately, there was no reply...

____________________________

Cora's POV

I finally arrived home. It was quite a long drive. While Rose was able to leave immediately this morning, I still had to pack my things and thus I was late now.

I entered my house and looked around. "Anthony?" I walked into the house more. "Miles?"

I sighed as I realized they weren't home. I guess they both forgot I'd get home today... I shrugged and carried my luggage upstairs.

I arrived in my room and started unpacking. As I had put everything away in a way that would be easier to unpack, I was done relatively fast.

I sighed as I went back downstairs. I sat down on the couch and turned on the tv. I then enjoyed some shows and forgot about everything else.

____________________________

That evening, Miles and Anthony came home. It turned out they indeed had forgotten about me. Luckily, they made up by ordering pizza for us.

While we were eating pizza, we were talking. It surprised me how Miles had changed. He seemed to listen to us, he wasn't self-centered as much as before. It was a nice change.

"So college," Anthony smiled at me. "How is it?"

"Is it as wild as they say?" Miles asked, suddenly he seemed very interested.

I chuckled. "College is great," I answered Anthony. "The classes are interesting, the people share the same interests as me... It's just awesome," I then looked at Miles. "And yes, it's wild."

"Sweet!" Miles exclaimed.

Anthony and I chuckled before he looked at me again. "And how is Rose doing?"

I looked at him. "She's fine."

Anthony and Miles were looking at me, seemingly waiting for something.

"What?" I asked.

They looked at each other, then at me. "You were saying so much about college and the other people but when we ask you about Rose, you barely say anything." Anthony said, gaining a nod from Miles.

I shrugged and took another bite from my pizza. "This is a good pizza."

They nodded and continued eating.  I could tell though they were curious about my behavior. But right now, I just didn't know what else to say.

____________________________

After dinner, we watched some tv before I went upstairs to my room. I yawned and laid down on my bed. I then finally decided to check my phone. I sat up as I noticed a text message from Rose. I cursed as I didn't see it sooner.

As I was replying to her text, I noticed I was getting called. I gulped and answered. "Hey," I gulped again. "I was just replying to her text." I said, as if trying to defend myself even though they hadn't accused me of anything yet.

"Cora," Rose's dad said. "It's ok, we just wanted to talk to you about Rose and college."

I frowned. "S-sure..."

He sighed. "I don't think Rose will tell you how she's experiencing college thus far, we're hoping to help her by telling you."

I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out.

"We believe she feels unhappy and lonely," He said, making me drop my jaw more. "We're not blaming you but we think she needs more company of you."

I gulped. "I had no idea... I'm so sorry."

"It's ok, Cora," He paused. "You're busy, we get that, Rose understands too, it's just that she feels lonely especially during the evenings."

I nodded, even though they couldn't see it. "Thank you for telling me. I'll work on it."

"You're welcome," I could tell he was smiling. "We know you'll do whatever it takes to make our daughter happy, you're a good person."

I smiled then. "I'll make sure to make her feel my love."

"Good," He let out a breath. "Good evening."

"Good evening." I then hung up and quickly replied to her message. While I was waiting for her reply, I was trying to plan dates for us. I was going to make sure she wouldn't feel lonely anymore.