"Pandora, hold on just a moment! You are being completely unreasonable!"

"Unreasonable?" Pandora ask dangerously, looking at him challengingly.

She took a deep breath and turned to the two Gryffindors, "you guys go ahead, I'll meet you there."

"Are you sure?" Remus asked hesitantly.

"Yeah," Pandora smiled, "don't worry, I won't be too long."

"Ok, come on Remus," Lily said, giving her friend one last hesitant glance.

Pandora watched them walk away before turning on Regulus.

Any hint of a smile was long gone, she seized him by the collar and dragged him into an empty classroom.

"How dare you," she said, her blue eyes like icy daggers, "Regulus Black! How dare you!"

"Pandora..." he started.

"No," she shook her head, "do not."

"You know I don't have a choice."

"You had the same choice your brother did," Pandora said, "you just chose wrong."

"That's different!" Regulus shouted, "he is a Gryffindor!"

"And you are a Slytherin!" Pandora shot back, "that has nothing to do with anything."

"I am a Black," Regulus took a deep breath, "and I am a Slytherin, the choice was already made for me."

"Oh, don't you start with that utter nonsense," Pandora fumed, "I am a Slytherin! And I am a Lestrange! But never...never, have I ever claimed to have no choice, you are merely using that as an excuse to justify your poor judgment."

"Why are you so upset with me? It was my decision," Regulus said.

"Anything we do, we do together, Reg, do you recall making that promise? Are you implying that you didn't have the decency to think this was a decision I should've been involved in? How this would affected me? Did I even cross you mind for a second?"

"Stop it!" Regulus roared, "stop it! Stop it! It's not that big of a deal! It's just some kids playing around."

"How naïve are you!" Pandora matched his tone, "you claim it's some kids playing around! Grow up, Regulus. We are not children anymore, we are in a war, and you just declared our side."

"It is not that simple, Pandora. You will not have to fight," Regulus shook his head, "I won't be of age for another three years, and if the war is still on, I will fight with honor. For us."

"Don't pretend you did this for me," Pandora said, "you chose your bed, now you must lie in it."

"Nothing is set in stone," Regulus said quickly, grabbing Pandora's hands, "the war will be over soon, you'll see. We'll be heroes."

"I don't think you understand," Pandora said, "they're never going to let you go Regulus."

"I just thought, this is where our families are..."

"What family Regulus!" Pandora laughed manically, "my father is dead! My mother and I hate each other, I never speak to Rodolphus and Rabastan hasn't declared a side. So who exactly are you referring to? Your parents who you despise? The cousins you can't stand? Face it Reg, the only family who mean something to you is Sirius, Andromeda and Nymphadora, and you just gave all of them up, for what? A moment of glory? How selfish are you! You don't even like Mulciber, Avery or any of their lot!"

"I do not give a shit about Sirius!" Regulus stomped, "do you understand! Those blood traitors mean nothing to me."

"Stop lying to yourself, Regulus, you'll accomplish nothing," she paused and took a deep breath. "When will it be done?"

"The day after my sixteenth birthday," Regulus said, his eyes cold and empty.

Pandora nodded, "very well."

She turned on her heel and walked away.

"Where are you going?" Regulus asked.

"To spend time with my friends, my time with them is limited, thanks to you."

"I'm sorry."

She turned to stare at him, her eyes stern and resentful, "no you're not."

She continued to walk, stopping briefly for the last time in the doorway.

"You were right, Regulus Black, you are a coward."

That word rang in his head from that day to the day he died.