Chapter 16: ❣️The Matchmaking Goddess, Chloe Sullivan!💘

"Does it bother you?” Chloe asked, when Clark finally told her what was going on. She noticed him moping and she had wondered what was up. Especially after he spent a night with Oliver, Clark was usually in a great mood.

This time, he wasn’t and he had just been silent. Finally, she demanded what was going on and persisted until he finally cracked, telling her about how Lois had asked Oliver to be friends.

“I mean, it shouldn’t bother me.” Clark said, frowning. “She just wants to be friends and Oliver calls it getting closure, that’s a good thing, right? That they’re getting closure?”

“It is, unless you’re doubting Lois’ intentions.” Chloe stated.

“I’m not.” Clark protested. Pausing briefly, he went on, “I shouldn’t. I mean, Lois has a boyfriend. She’s serious about Grant. I don’t even know why I’m so worried.”

“Is it Lois you’re worried about, Clark?” Chloe questioned, “Or Oliver?” Chloe always knew how to read him. He should’ve realized by now it was pointless to try and hide anything from her.

“I’m not sure.” Clark admitted. He hung his head in shame. “I mean, it’s just that ever since Oliver came back, Lois has been having doubts about Grant. She doesn’t say it but I can tell. And I think that Ollie still loves Lois too.” Clark forced a laugh. “You know, I don’t even know why I’m acting this way. We both knew this was just temporary. We agreed if either of us met someone, we’d break it off. Besides, he came back for her.”

Chloe’s heart broke for the man in front of her. She knew that Clark was conflicted. He had spent most of his life in love with Lana and that relationship was like a soap opera. It was only natural that Clark was scared to risk his heart again, no matter how strongly he felt for Oliver. Now with Lois back in the picture, it was all a mess.

“Clark, do you know for sure that Oliver still loves Lois?” Chloe asked hesitatingly. She had seen the way Oliver looked at Clark, there was no doubt the blonde was crazy about her best friend.

“He’s never said otherwise.” Clark told her morosely. “I mean, our first kiss happened when I was trying to comfort him about Lois. He jumped at the chance to be friends with her. Obviously, he will take her in his life any way he can get.”

“But that was a while ago,” Chloe reminded him, “And did he seem depressed that she just wanted to just be friends?”

Clark bit his lip. “No, he didn’t.” He remembered.

“Then?” Chloe said, “I don’t see the problem.”

“Its just, I feel something bad is about to happen.” Clark confessed. He shook his head. “You know, what? Forget I said anything, I’m fine.”

“Clark, I can understand why you would feel threatened.” Chloe said gently.

“I’m not threatened,” Clark argued, “It’s just me being silly.”

“Your feelings are never silly.” Chloe protested.

“In this case, they are.” Clark responded, “Ollie and I don’t even have an actual relationship, I have no right to feel this way.” He sighed, “Can we just drop this?”