Chapter 15: Doubts & Second Thoughts

Stirring out of a deep sleep, Clark smiled at seeing Oliver draped across his chest. Valentine’s Day had gone off without a hitch and glancing at the ring adorning his finger, he smiled. He knew he couldn’t wear it all the time but it was beautiful nonetheless.

Oliver had seemed to like his necklace and he was glad. He knew he was trusting the other man with a key to his Fortress but he did . . . trust him, that is. Giving him a key just felt right and having the picture there made it more personal.

When Oliver was out on patrol one night, Clark managed to snatch the picture and have it back before Oliver even returned. The blonde never even knew it was missing.

Feeling a shift, he looked down to see brown eyes staring back at him.

“Good morning.” He said softly.

“A very good morning.” Oliver agreed, smiling. He moved to capture Clark’s lips quickly, engaging him in a quick kiss.

“Do you have any early meetings?” Clark asked suddenly, remembering it was still a workday.

“No, I have nothing important scheduled.” Oliver assured him. “Do you have class?”

“In the afternoon.” Clark answered. He paused and added reluctantly, “We should probably head back.”

Ollie pouted. “If we must.”

“We can always come back, Ollie,” Clark told him. “And you have a key too.”

“It wouldn’t feel right to come here without you though.” Oliver admitted.

“But if you ever want to, you have that option.” Clark replied.

Jor-El knew that Oliver had the key and his biological father hadn’t been pleased with Clark entrusting the key to a human. At first anyway. After a short argument, he finally accepted it and that’s how Clark got the copy in the first place.

Oliver smiled at him, oblivious to his thoughts. “I guess we should get out of bed then.”

Clark nodded but really, he didn’t want to move. Staying in Oliver’s arms all day sounded much better but he knew they had lives to get back to.

Slowly, he untangled himself out of Oliver’s embrace and stepped out of bed, putting his clothes back on. Oliver too made a motion to get up and get dressed.

Exiting the Fortress, they were quickly in the caves again, from where Clark flew them back to the penthouse.

Entering through the balcony, Clark was pleased to find out that it wasn’t as late as he expected. Oliver noticed that too and he immediately suggested that they take a shower.

“Do you think of nothing but sex?” Clark teased.

“No, not really,” Oliver replied, with a grin. “You complaining?”

“Not at all.” Clark said, laughing. He was really grateful that he didn’t have any morning classes. And he didn’t think that Chloe or Lois would miss him. Besides, he wasn’t stupid . . . he definitely was not going anywhere.