Chapter 12: Kalon✔️

Start from the beginning

We continue working for the entire class period. My job is to create a poster that represents the birthstone we're researching. Basically, we have to choose a birth stone and do research on its origins, who discovered it, when it became an official birthstone and such. We've chosen Opal (my birthstone).

The class soon ends and I find my next class which is English. I have English with Elizabeth, Ember, Vienna, and Wonder. I'm sitting in between my twin and Vienna. The teacher begins to speak and informs the class that we have a test in two weeks on grammar, vocabulary, spelling, synonyms, and antonyms. As she's passing out the packet that'll be our study guide, I look over to see my twin sleeping. I kick his chair and he jolts up, looking this way and that. I chuckle as he glares at me.

The teacher finishes handing out the packets and gives us the rest of class to work on them. A little more than 30 minutes later, I glance at my phone to see that we have only a couple of minutes before the bell rings, so I start packing up. When the bell goes off, Vienna, Ember, Elizabeth, Wonder, and I walk to the library since we all have Study Hall last period. When we arrive, we find a secluded spot in the library that has bean bags, a sofa, and a coffee table. I sit on one of the bean bags as Elizabeth sits on the floor next to me. She lays her head on my bean bag as I take out whatever homework I have. I don't have much since I finished most of it at lunch and during my other classes.

Soon enough, the others, Trayvon, Lennox, and Dani, walk into the library as well. They see us sitting in the corner and come over. I introduce whoever doesn't know each other before the others sit down on the bean bags and sofa as well. The rest of the period is filled with small conversations, sounds of video games on phones, pencils writing on paper, and snacking on unfinished food from lunch. I begin packing up when I see that we have 3 minutes until the last bell. When the bell rings, I walk to the art room where the Art Club is meeting since it's Monday. The boys have their sports after school Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 3:25 to 4:30, so I don't have to worry about them waiting for me.

I make it to the art room and take a seat in a random chair in the middle of the room. Soon enough, 3:20 hits and the teacher walks in. He talks about what kind of art we'll be working on, when our first art competition is, and how we'll be doing either paintings or drawings at home, bringing them into school, and talking about how they relate to us and why we chose to paint or draw that. Overall, the 40 minutes I was there made me glad that I joined the Art Club. Our teacher, Mr. Alinsky, will give us our first assignment on Wednesday.

Now that Art Club is done for the day, I walk to my locker to put away the books I don't need and the homework I finished before closing and locking it and making my way outside to the football field. Demitrius and Emiliano have football while Wonder has soccer. I sit on the bleachers and finish up whatever homework I have left. The boys finish up practice soon, so I walk to my new car and get in the driver's seat after putting my backpack in the backseat. I scroll on random social media sites until my brothers get in the car. Once everyone is buckled in, I drive out of the school parking lot and towards home.

When we get there, I park the car in front of the house because I plan on going out again. The boys walk in the house and go to their rooms while I go to mine. I walk into my closet and pick out a more comfortable outfit than what I'm wearing now. I pick out a pair of black biker shorts, a black sports bra, a cream, long sleeve crewneck, black sneakers, and a white Gucci purse which has my keys, Airpods, and wallet inside. I walk towards Lorenzo's office and knock on the door.

 I walk towards Lorenzo's office and knock on the door