Chapter 2: Susurrus✔️

(n.) - a whispering or rustling sound; the indistinct sound of people whispering

Pronounced: sis-sir-uhs

•Winter's pov•

My name is Amora Díaz. Well, not really. Amora Díaz is only my alias, my real name is Winter Lykaios. I am 16 years old, 5' 7, I have medium brown hair but I dyed it blue, black, and silver a year ago on my 15th birthday. I have 7 older brothers, one of them being my twin, 2 uncles, 2 aunts, 9 cousins, and 2 grandparents. My parents gave me up 10 years ago for my safety due to our enemies' bold attempts to try to kill me. Such a normal life I have.

For the past 10 years, I've lived with my father's best friend and his family. I've learned a lot about myself and the dark and cruel world I live in. I've seen people in need and others who have everything anyone could ever dream of do nothing. Instead of donating just a couple hundred dollars to charities, homeless shelters, and orphanages, they laughed at people who had nothing. They looked down on them and made those who had very little feel inferior. I was tired of seeing people act so cruel.

So I decided to do something about it.

I asked my cousins, aunt, and uncle to train me in any and every way possible. I became the assassin known as Death's Touch. I created a secret organization known as Havoc. We save people from human traffickers and destroy auction houses. We execute dictators, dirty cops, pedophiles, and anyone else who hurts people for shits and giggles. We remove presidents, world leaders, and other government officials who harm their country instead of helping it. We try to make the world a better place, one step at a time.

The way I got my name is because I always add my own little touch to either the corpse's body or the way I bring death. I kill my victims brutally so they can feel how the innocent people they tortured felt. They beg me to stop, to just kill them, bring them death.

But do I listen?

Of course not.

People know me for the things I do for the world, and for the very slow and painful ways I kill. Some know me as the Devil's Daughter. Others call me the Devil herself. No one has seen my face.

Many people would think I live in an abusive household thanks to all of the scars that decorate my skin. What they don't know is that every single scar has a story behind it, and every story includes one of the many missions I've been on. There have been times where I had to let the enemy think they've captured me. The torture was painful and it took a lot of practice to keep an emotionless face, but I always end getting what I want in the end. I'm lucky no one decided to take my limbs.

A couple years ago, I took an interest in tattoos, not only getting them, but doing them. Aunt Val and Uncle Lios noticed and had my oldest cousin, Matthias, teach me. I became really good at it in a short amount of time. Now, whenever they recruit someone new, I give them their tattoo. I also tend to help out at Matthias' shop sometimes. I even get paid which gives some extra money that I don't necessarily need, so I tend to use it as spending money or I donate it.

I don't know how to speak a couple of languages. Just Greek, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, and obviously English. Portuguese and Spanish are kind of a given considering I live in Rio de Jeneiro, Brazil and we learn it at school, Greek is my first language since my father is Greek and we lived in Greece, and since my mother is Italian, she took it upon herself to teach us the language.

Many people would think that I'm homeschooled considering who I'm related to and living with. However, I actually go to a private school, the same private school my cousins went to. I don't have many friends in the school because I tend to keep to myself, nevermind a boyfriend. However, I do have friends all around the world thanks to the missions I've been on.