Chapter 12: Kalon✔️

(n) - the kind of beauty that is more than skin deep; inner beauty

Pronounced: kuh-lon

A little side note. Winter, Wonder, and her friends are in their sophomore year of highschool.

•Winter's pov•

After the whole cheating fiasco with Brady, Elizabeth and I figured out that we have some of the same classes together. Right now, we're on our way to the library to wait out the rest of the lunch period. We ask questions to get to know each other while we walk and she tells me about her relationship with Brady.

"We were together for 3 years, since we were 13 in 7th grade. I just thought that me and Brady would've been together for... I don't know, forever I guess? It just seemed like he was my only option. Whenever I thought about proposals, marriage, having kids... I always imagined my future with him. I never thought he would cheat on me with Claire." She explains sadly. "It's not her fault though. Brady practically accused her of raping him when he's the one who led her upstairs."

I stay silent for a moment before asking a question. "Claire isn't one of those bitchy cheerleaders who thinks she's the queen bee of the school and rules over everyone, right?" I ask her and she laughs a little before answering.

"No, she's not. She's actually really nice. Most people in the school are. She doesn't wear anything too revealing and would actually make a good friend. I never talk to her too much though." She says. I nod before grabbing her hands.

"Well, enough about what happened. It's time to stop sulking and get back on our feet. My name is Winter by the way. I literally just realized I haven't introduced myself."

"It's nice to meet you Winter. You can call me Lizzy or Liz if you want." She says. I smile at her and she cleans her tear stained face. As it turns out, we have 1st, 4th, lunch, 8th, and 9th period together. I don't know why I didn't see her in first or fourth.

We spend the rest of our lunch period in the library before we part ways and go to our 7th period class which, for me anyway, is Chemistry. I make it to the classroom and walk up to the teacher. I greet her and she tells me which table to sit at. Apparently, the people we sit with at the tables are going to be our partners for the entire year. Not to mention that she assigned our tables. My group consists of 2 guys and 3 girls.

The teacher explains our assignment for the week and then lets us talk within our groups. The first person to introduce themselves is one of the girls. "Well, my name is Daniella, but you can call me Dani."

"I'm Vienna, or Via."

"I'm Ember but my friends call me Em."

"Trayvon, but call me Tray."

"...Lennox."

They introduce themselves. They all look at me expectantly, so I introduce myself too. "My name's Winter." After the introductions, Dani takes charge.

"Ok, so let's figure out who's going to do what, yeah? Who here has artistic talents?" She asks.

"I do." I speak up. She nods and continues asking questions. Throughout the class period, I find myself enjoying the company of my group mates. They each have different personalities. Dani is a leader and isn't afraid to speak up first. Vienna is more on the quiet side, but once you get to know her, you notice how bubbly she really is. Ember is a bit of a jokester. She seems like the kind of person who can make anyone having a bad day laugh. Trayvon is playful, but serious. He understands that there's a time for play and a time for being serious. As for Lennox, he is definitely more on the serious side. He may seem like a bully, cold and hard, but I can tell he's a big softie on the inside. He reminds me of myself.