"Umph!" Her eyes widened, but she nodded frantically.

"Alright," His hand that was grasping hers started glowing, and soon all external injuries had disappeared. "Well done, you did great. You can spit the handkerchief out now."

"Pah!" She did so, and before she could speak, Aleksei helped her to stand. "T-thank you very much!"

"It's nothing," His gaze was suddenly towards the entrance of the room, where the sleeping hall gremlin and an administration member had just come through. "Idiots."

"Generator operation stopped. Power level critical. Switch to the back up generator, error. Please make switch manually. Containment wall will close in 40 seconds. Those in Central area, evacuate immediately--"

"Mash!" The sleeping hall gremlin yelled as he frantically made his way to them.

"Senpai?!" Mash, apparently, exclaimed. "Why are you here?! You should be evacuating!"

"Not without you!" He shouted passionately.

Wow, going after a crush instead of trying to survive, the idiocy of love.

"System switching to the final phase of Rayshift. Coordinates, AD 2004, January 30th, Fuyuki, Japan. Laplace's shifting protection established. Singularity's additional factor slot secured. Unsummon program set. Please start final adjustments."

"I don't think now's the time for this," Aleksei spoke up as another series of automated words were voiced.

"Now rewriting Shiva's near future prediction data. Unable to detect the existence of mankind 100 years in the near future on Earth. Unable to confirm human survivors. Unable to guarantee mankind's future."

"Chaldeas.. Has turned bright red.. No, never mind that--" Mash broke off.

"Central Area, sealed. 180 seconds until internal containment procedure."

"They.. Shut off the area.. We can't get out.."

"All because of mister hero complex," Alexsei shot a glare at sleeping hallway gremlin, who glared right back.

"How could I leave a friend behind to be burned alive?!"

"This is exactly why humanity is fucked," He stepped forward, using his height to its full advantage against the other master candidate. "Because of people like you who only think about helping others rather than surviving to fight another day."

"What'd you say-"

"Stop it you two!" Mash yelled, glaring between them. Aleksei clicked his tongue.

"Coffin vitals: Masters. Baseline not reached. Rayshift requirement not met. Searching for qualifying master.. Two found.. Candidate Number One, Aleksei Vasiliev; Candidate Number forty eight, Ritsuka Fujimaru.. Reset as Masters. Unsummon program, start. Spiritron conversion, start."

"Get ready," Aleksei braced himself as the two in front of him looked slightly confused, the male looking more annoyed than anything else.

"For what?"

"Have you not been listening?" Alexsei demanded, "or is your head so full of dirty thoughts about Mash that you can't hear properly?"

"What are you-"

"Rayshift starting in 3, 2, 1. All procedures clear. First order, commencing operation," The automated voice faded out as the three were rayshifted to wherever it was that the system had been programmed to take them to.

"You good?" Aleksei asked Mash as he saw that she was also conscious.

"Yes, and you?" She questioned, to which he just nodded.