Koizumi x Kazuichi

(I actually imagine Koizumi being tougher even in this relationship..I mean if you think of how Souda reacted to almost half of the things in SDR2-i meAN and also how Mahiru is actually insecure with her photography, etc. but attempts to hide it except in free time events and I forgot their ship name oops? This should've been canon)

She couldn't handle it anymore. All the stress, day after day after day. From school to relationships to home. It was all too much.

Her father wouldn't even bother to help her clean this house and instead did what he was best at; sitting on the couch watching his annual programs. The photographer found him to be a pig in a way; messy, unmannered, and absolute rude.

Then with the grades she was struggling to acchieve with being in honors classes just added onto it, it was difficult for her level, but in order to attend annual afterschool activities, she couldn't risk failing, so the photographer stayed up way past self-schedulued sleeping hours to finish assignments and essays.

To add onto the problems she was already struggling to get past, she had to figure out a way to hang out with friends. Mostly it was just having others over to study, but even though Mahiru was the way she was, she cared about more than school and propper manners. She wanted free time. The girl barely had open spots to talk to Hiyoko on the phone, and was "lucky" when she did.

But to sum it up, the past month had been absolute agony.

Mahiru hung upside down off the edge of the couch's cushions. Her father would be gone for the night, out doing who knows what? Mahiru stared at the coffee table covered in papers under the small lamp with her bat vision.

The photographer not wanting her blood to rush to her head brought herself back up and was a bit dizzy for a few seconds before regaining full eye sight. But Koizumi felt strange, as if she couldn't understand what she would be doing in the next few seconds.

Mahiru snatched her phone off the table instead of her sharpened pencil and dialed a number she shouldn't. Kazuichi Souda's number was soon put into the phone and the ringing soon went for about ten seconds until someone picked up.

'Can he be any slower?' She sighed as her call was answered.

"Yo? Koizumi, what's up?" Kazuichi's voice was recognized on the other end. Koizumi bit her lip as she didn't know how to put into words. "Koizumi, ya there?" The mechanic's voice snapped her back into reality.

"R-right.." It was now or never, "Come over." She ended the call frantically, not waiting for a response. She didn't expect him to come over anyways. Mahiru ran her hands down the wrinkles of her school jumper. She'd have to put it in the wash tomorrow. She thought of anything that would distract her from the thoughts of being questioned by the mechanic.

Mahiru just wanted someone over. It'd been so long. She would've invited Hiyoko, but she just expected the dancer to just cause trouble or change topics.

After around twenty-five minutes, the doorbell rang. Mahiru launched off the couch and off to the door. She unlocked it. "Y-you actually came?" Mahiru raised her eyebrows as she took a step back so the mechanic could come in.

He scratched the back of his neck, trying to play it cool and brush off his nervousness, knowing how the photographer was with her opinion on the "entire species of men itself". "Well yeah, I guess I did, hope ya' don't mind, since you're the one who invited me. Unless it was unintentional, I could leave if ya' want."

"No no, it's alright, I just didn't expect you to show up, that's all.." They stood there for a few moments before the photographer spoke up again. "Let's head to the living room then." She suggested. The mechanic followed her to the living room and they sat down side by side. Both were silent for a few minutes.

'What am I supposed to do? I don't remember the last time I've had a boy over.' Mahiru bit her bottom lip in thought while looking down at her feet. Meanwhile, Kazuichi was looking at the work that piled the coffee table.

'Holy..is this seriously all her's?' Souda thought as he began to look at the cracks in the ceiling.

"Are those all your's?" He got the courage to break the silence that had been taking over the room. "Y-yeah, why?" She turned her head towards him, expecting an insult from the pink-haired boy.

"I don't know, I just thought that's a bit much, even for you. Isn't that stressful?" He said looking back at her, but refusing to make eye contact, finding himself to be awkward in situations like these, not that he had them often.

"..." Mahiru was silent for almsot a minute, making Souda think he said something wrong. He started getting up. "I'm sorry, I should go-" Before he could fully stand to walk out Mahiru latched her hand around his wrist tightly.

"P-please stay." Mahiru pleaded. Souda's eyes grew wide at how she now looked. Her cheeks were now a shade of red as tears stained the upper part of her cheeks, having not making all their way down her slightly pale face.

Souda quickly sat back down as she continued to cry as all her thoughts of the stress piled on top of her, making tears roll down her cheeks quickly. It was true, she really couldn't take it much more.

"I-I'm sorry, I'm a wreck, let me go grab some tissues-" Now as she started to get up, the mechanic pulled her back down.

"Tell me." He had this new look to his eyes, sincerity possibly. So she did, Mahiru went out in full detail on what she had been dealing with lately, hoping the mechanic, an actual guy, was interested in her feelings.

As she went on, she cried more until she was done. "..That's it, that must've been boring for a guy like you-" Mahiru couldn't finish, because at that moment Souda pulled her towards him, wrapping one arm around her waist and laid his hand gently atop her head as she rested it onto his shoulder.

The photographer bit her lip forcefully, soon tasting blood and began to sob, the photographer let it all out and the mechanic hugged her tightly, attempting an act of comfort. He was surprised she hadn't refused the embrace, she didn't seem to dislike it or say not even a little 'no'.

She stopped crying after minutes and wrapped her arms around his back. "..Thank you, Kazuichi." She didn't ever expect herself thanking a guy for something, but for once she actually felt that this male in particular deserved it after dealing with her breakdown.

He was the only one who had seen her breakdown in years. "It's alright Mahiru. Please don't hide this anymore. If this was only one of the things you were hiding, it's unhealthy, even I don't want you hurt. I'm always here for you; even if you hate guys, even if ya' hate me after this." Souda didn't know how to respond, words just came out one after the other, coming together.

Mahiru then pulled back and looked up at him with a smile on her face. Kazuichi smiled back and wiped away any stray tears that were left.

"Kazuichi, you're way more than okay in my book."

The mechanic smiled, showing off his abnormal teeth before leaning down a little and brushing her bangs aside and placed a small kiss on her forehead.