06 / you could've told me that you fell apart

Start from the beginning

He looked up slowly from the floor, and you noticed the small tinge of relief that appeared in his eyes as his hands lowered from his hair to the back of his neck awkwardly. You leaned against the door slightly, but it still wasn't opened the entire way - just the small amount so he could see your face and most of your upper body peeking out.

He opened his mouth but paused, noticing that you weren't opening the door any wider to let him in. You were giving him the same treatment that you'd given Bakugou - someone who you hadn't talked to for pretty much three months up until now.

How could you give him the same treatment?

"I'm sorry," he said once again. He didn't want to address the fact that you weren't letting him in your room because he didn't want to make you more upset than you already were. "I was letting it all get to my head."

You only nodded and looked down to the ground. You didn't really know what to say to him after what'd happened. "You overreacted."

"Yeah," he sighed. "But in a way, you forced me to act like that," he continued, now meeting your curious gaze.

"How did I force you to act like that?" you asked with an eyebrow now raised.

"You know how upset you were after you and.. Him broke up," he replied as if it was the most obvious fact in the world. "It took you so long to get over him and finally start acting like yourself again. And then today, when you started acting like there was something going on between the two of you again- I just, I couldn't stand by and let you get hurt."

You watched his facial expressions carefully, and looked at the sloping look in his eyes and the worry stuck in his tone. His body language was more closed off than normal as he fiddled with his fingers and leaned down slightly.

"I'm your best friend," he continued with a sorry look written in his expression. "I just didn't want you to become upset like you were before. And then, when he dragged you into the closet, and you didn't protest? I thought you were hiding it from me. I couldn't let you get yourself hurt again for no reason. I'm sorry."

It made sense. Of course it did.

He was your best friend.

He wouldn't have done anything to hurt you on purpose. He was only looking out for your well being.

"Then it came out badly when I tried to ask you about it," he chuckled lightly, now letting his arms rest against the door.

It was pushed open slightly more now, but you let it happen - no longer restricting it with one your arms.

"Yeah, you did," you replied with a small smile.

"Sorry," he laughed.

And just like that, it felt like old times once again. There was no fight between the two of you, no underlying emotions - just two friends laughing and joking together.

"I forgive you," you smiled. "But if you pull shit like that again I will kill you!"

"Obviously not," he laughed as he rolled his eyes. "I won't be as emotionally constipated next time - I promise."

"Good."

"But now that that's all out of the way, did something happen between you and Bakugou?"

The question took you by surprise, and it felt like your breath was stolen for a second leaving you gaping in the process. How were you supposed to tell him, after all of that, that you had gotten involved with Bakugou again? But even if you'd just fought, he deserved to know. He'd dealt with you for so long, you owed him at least that much.