03 / but then you saw me, caught you by surprise

Sitting in class in front of Bakugou was unbearable

Sitting in class in front of Bakugou was unbearable. You couldn't ignore the piercing stare directed towards the back of your head, or the sound of Bakugou tapping his pencil against his desk in long increments.

Why didn't I switch seats earlier on?

You remembered how at the beginning of the year, you'd both been so happy to sit right near each other so you wouldn't have to walk to the other side of the room to talk or hang out. Now, and as it had been for a while, it was just dreadful.

And now, with both of you refusing to talk about what was going on between you, it was even worse. At least before, you both tried to ignore each other's existence.

But that wasn't the case today, and it was even more obvious when you heard a clatter on the floor behind you for the fifth time in that single period.

"Oi," you heard Katsuki whisper, his foot nudging the back of your chair.

"What?" you asked under your breath.

"I dropped my pencil under your chair."

You let out an exhale in annoyance, but decided not to say anything about it as you dropped down to pluck it off of the floor. You quickly turned around to hand it back to Bakugou, feeling his eyes as he watched your every move.

At first you wanted to avert your gaze away from his face and ignore him, but that hadn't really been working at deterring him, since this was the fifth time this happened.

You stared up at his face with a glare as you dropped the pencil onto his desk, and watched as his eyes widened the slightest bit from seeing you actually look at him. His eyebrows raised slightly, and he grabbed onto your hand before you could pull it away from its position on his desk.

"What the hell are you doing?" you whisper-yelled at him.

"Just listen to me for a second," he hissed.

"No," you immediately replied, trying to pry his tight grip off your hand.

"Y- I mean L/N, we need to-"

"I'm sorry everyone. It looks like my class is disrupting Bakugou and L/N's very necessary conversation," you heard Midnight announce.

You ripped your hand from Bakugou's and immediately turned to face the front. She gave a tight-lipped smile, and gestured for the both of you to finish your conversation.

"Are you sure?" she asked, when none of you continued.

You watched as her eyes flickered between your face and behind you before huffing and turning back to the board in front of her to continue the lesson. And of course, everyone else sitting in the classroom now had their eyes on you too, and it felt even worse.

None of them had seen you interact in front of others ever since the breakup, of course they were trying to study the both of you.

You sank lower under the desk, trying to ward them off by ignoring them completely, which was working slightly since people noticed you were uncomfortable with their actions. When you finally felt people's eyes leaving you, you let out a sigh before slouching into the back of the chair.