02 / you look so happy when i'm not with you

It was only morning and the day was already awkward and uncomfortable

Once everyone had woken up and come down for breakfast, the tension in the air was heavy and thick as you and Bakugou did everything you could to actively avoid each other. No one else noticed or took an interest in your behaviour, since you'd been acting like this around each other for months now. Except for Shinsou.

The knowledge that came with his quirk was very useful in situations like these - he could pick up on social cues and different emotions easily - making the way that you and Bakugou were acting around each other very obvious. He easily caught the tiny glances you both gave each other when one wasn't looking, and how your gaze would continue to wander and eventually come back to one another.

He first noticed it when Bakugou had walked into the kitchen earlier that morning. Your smile immediately faltered and dimmed, and the tension in the air was awkward and uncertain.

Something had happened between the two of you, and he didn't like it at all.

He'd been there for you after it all went down. He was the person you cried and ranted to everyday. He was the person who reassured you and made sure you knew that it was all Bakugou's fault. He was the one who, essentially, put you back together after you completely cracked.

And you were finally, finally, coming back to the way that you were before.

Sure, you were still a little tense when Bakugou was around you, and you definitely felt awkward in some situations - but you were getting better.

He wasn't going to lose all of that just because Bakugou decided that he suddenly wanted you again. He wasn't going to let you lose yourself, and he wasn't going to lose you to Bakugou.

Again.

...

Bakugou only stared across the lunchroom as he saw you take a seat with your "friends". And of course, as usual, Shinsou had one of his hands pressed against your back as he guided you to where you were going.

It was all so stupid. The way you ran to this specific group after you'd both broken up made it obvious how you were trying to get back at him in your own way. You were hanging out with the people that he found the most annoying, and as much as he hated to admit it, it had been working.

It'd been three months since you'd both broken up (and yes, he counted), yet all that had been on his mind for the past while was you.

Even before you'd hooked up, you were the only person he thought about.

He couldn't not stare at you during class. He couldn't not watch you hang out with your friends. He couldn't not pay attention to every thing he saw you do.

And he hated it.

He'd broken up with you for a reason. And there really was no reason for him to be hung up over you like this. The whole ordeal was incredibly stupid and he wanted to stab his own brain for making him think like that.