Chapter 10. welcome to the world, Emma

Sabine and Tom arrived as soon as they could bringing with them Alya and Nino, who were informed about it too, and after a couple minutes they were all together with Adrien in the waiting room.
"SO! WE ARE HERE. HOW'S MARINETTE." Alya almost yelled.
"She's fine! The doctor told me to wait here some minutes. I'm so nervous..." the upcoming father said. "I think I've never been this nervous in my life."
"I know! It's terrifying. But you just have to be very supportive and be there with her. When they let you in of course." Sabine advised him.
"Dude... you'll be fine. Once you have her in your arms... that will be one of the best memories you'll ever have. I tell you."
"Thank you Nino..." He hugged him so tight until the Doctor came and interrupted them.
"We're done with the checking." She said. "Anything you want to know?"
'Everything?' Was what everyone thought instantly.
"Okay. So she's fine. She's eight centimeters dilated, it's going really fast. We helped her provoking labour because of the water broke. We already gave her the epidural and now she won't feel any pain. What else..." the whole group was listening attentively to her words. "It's going to be a natural birth and I think in less than an hour it's done!"
Adrien's heart beat started racing again when the doctor told him to come inside again.
"Tell Marinette that we love her! And that we're here!" Tom yelled right before Adrien disappeared behind the door.
After some steps throught the corridor he reached her wife delivery room.
She was relaxed though. Even if she was connected to a lot of machines and hospital stuff. In one of the screens, the baby's heart beat was portrayed next to the mom one.
The first thing he did once he reached her was bowing to give her a tender forehead kiss.
"My love..."
"Adrien... I want chocolate." Was the first thing she said, so spontaneous that made him laugh. "No, I'm serious. I want chocolate."
The doctors left the room leaving them two alone. The kwamis took the opportunity to sneak out and stay with them.
"My lady, I can't give you chocolate right now."
"Why not?" She frowned.
"The doctor said that you can't eat anything while you're here. But you'll get your sweets after. Okay?" He sat down next to her, holding her hand. "How are you feeling?"
"I'm good! Well it hurts. It hurts very much."
"What? I thought you had the epidural?"
"Yeah... but that was a while ago. I kinda feel it again."
"Do you want me to call the nurse?"
"No! I'm okay, really. I can take it. Besides, now they can't do anything. Eight centimeters are already too much."
He leaned closer to touch her cheeks.
"I'm so proud of you." He whispered. "You can do this."
"We." She corrected. "We can do this. We are a team, aren't we?" She smiled sweetly at him. "Give me a kiss." She asked.
He pressed his lips against hers in a beautiful kiss that calmed her down instantly. She just needed it.
"I have something for you. Well, for us." He said taking a small box from inside the baby bag. "Here."
"What is it?" She opened it with excitement and curiosity. "Oh!" She saw a small gold bracelet with an engraving saying us against the world.
"Oh my god!!! It's beautiful!"
"I have mine too!" He showed his. "And I did another little one for Emma." He showed her another small box. "I thought that... it would be a cute gift."
"It's amazing! You are the best, you know that, right? I love it so much, thank you..."
He just smiled and sat beside her again taking all her hair and starting braiding it. He thought that it may be less uncomfortable if she has it all collected in a braid.
"No..."
"What is it?" He asked concerned.
"THIS IS PAINFUL. OH MY GOD."
WHAT? she was okay a minute ago. He held her hand and she squeezed it. Okay, that hurted. The baby's heart beat started racing a little bit and Marinette's breathed turned out to be really heavy.
"Call the doctor. God this contraction is the worst of them all."
She appeared a couple seconds later and checked everything out.
"This is it! Almost ten centimeters!"
"WHAT? TOO FAST."
"Your body is fast, sweetheart, just hold on a little bit."
Another two nurses entered the room and attended her around the hospital bedroom.
Adrien didn't know what to do until he reminded what Sabine told him before. Just stay with her. So that's what he did. He never let her hand go.
"What do I do?" She asked.
"Wait." One of the nurse answered. "You'll know what to do."
"I need to push." She said convinced about it.
The nurses looked back to the doctor to look for her approval, and when she nodded, everyone knew that the time had already come.
"Okay. Let's do this."
The time had come. After nine months of waiting, of excitement, happiness, insecurities, cuddles, love, and preparing for the baby arrival, it was the time to finally meet Emma <3.
Marinette did exactly what they told her to do, and she was doing great. Adrien was there to support her and everything seemed to be alright.
Outside, in the waiting room, their family and friends were nervous too. Sabine was holding Tom's hand as if that was the last thing she would do. Alya was walking from one side of the room to another and Nino was looking at the door with special attention.
Back again inside, they almost got it! Just a couple more pushing and...
Everything went silent when a nurse said she had the head. An absolute silence filled the room. Contended tears. Pale face. Why wasn't anyone saying anything? Was she out already or not?
WHAT THE HELL WAS HAPPENING.
"What's wrong?" Marinette said between sighs.
The tension in the air. Their faces. The nurses looked at each other and suddenly...
A baby's crying sounds filled the room.
Smiling faces as the nurses exclaimed "here she is!"
Marinette and Adrien sighed at the same time looking at each other in relief.
The nurses took care of the baby and in less than two minutes they handed her to Marinette.
"She's the most beautiful baby I've ever seen!" One of the nurses screamed.
Emma was still crying when Marinette finally held her.
And if you had to photograph a single moment forever... that would be it.
"Oh my god..." Tears coming down her face when she finally had her in her arms. She couldn't even speak. She never imagined the unforgettable moment she was living. That was a miracle. "Hello Emma..." the little baby stopped crying when she heard Marinette's voice. "My sweet baby..."
She looked up to meet Adrien's eyes upon them. Also, filled with tears and a huge smile covering his face.
"Adrien... she's beautiful... Here, hold her."
She gave him the baby and once he had her between his arms, he experimented what was unconditional love. So that was how it felt to fall in love over again. She opened her eyes to look at his, the instant she did, she smiled. And now, Adrien knew he would give the little girl whatever she wished.
She was blonde, a bright color exactly like his, and those beautiful bluebell eyes, still a little bit dark, but they would get clearer with the past of the days.
"And I thought I couldn't love you more..." He started sobbing again. Emma was smiling at him. His daughter. His. Their. They had a daughter. He had a family now. "My little princess..."
He bowed with the baby next to Marinette so they both could see her. It felt like the world stopped. Like everything was in slow motion. The time got frozen.
They promised in that exact moment, that they would do whatever it takes to give her the life she deserved.
"Sorry to disturb..." The doctor interrupted the beautiful moment. "We need to take the baby and prepare her. This will only take an hour or something... sorry..."
They understood and took the baby with them so Marinette could recover and the nurses could give the little Emma a bath.
The Doctor stood beside the new parents.
"Congratulations!!" She said looking at both.
"Thank you doctor, for everything!" Adrien thanked her.
"You're welcome. It's so refreshing to see a couple this caring and loving for each other. Emma will be in good hands. I know it. Then, Marinette, you should rest a little bit, okay?"
She nodded, without any other energy to do anything else and they lead her to the hospital room. Adrien followed her and they both waited patiently for Emma to come back.
She was too exhausted to see her family anyways. So Marinette appreciated the silence and just the company of her husband.
"So... we did it." She sighed after some minutes of pure beautiful silence and holding hands.
"We did it, my love, we did it."
"I want to see her..."
"I know... me too..."
"I don't wanna fight over who's gonna hold her more."
They both laughed. Even if she was tired, she always had time to joke.
"My lady, rest a little bit. You've done a great job." He gave her a forehead kiss.
"I still think fighting akumas was easier." Was the last thing she said before closing her eyes, and unexpectedly, falling asleep. She really really was tired. After all the hard work and the pain she's had, she finally rested until Emma was back.