chapter 3. breaking news

So... Marinette was pregnant! Finally! They've been waiting for it for too long, honestly. But it's happening. The little Emma is on her way! And yeah... they already named her. They started to make plans on how are they going to tell their family, their friends... and so, while they do some sightseeing in London, they kept talking about the amazing news.
Everyone next to them could see how excited they were. Honestly, they radiated happiness.
The thing is that, the time went by, they came back to Paris and the first thing they did was visiting the doctor. And luckily, everything was in order! The baby was safe, and so did the mother. Everything was alright.
"I know how to tell my parents!" Marinette screamed. "We'll invite them tonight and... Look!" She opened a box with two pijamas. One for her dad, and another for her mom. One said "best grandma" and the other one "best grandpa". Marinette herself designed them. "What do you think??"
"I like it!" Adrien grinned. "I'll text them. Oh, uh... did you tell Alya?"
"Oh... No, no. I have to tease her a little bit first. I already know how." She laughed maliciously.
So by the time her parents came, everything was prepared and settled. The little box gifts in their bedroom, the dinner done, and all the kwamis In the miracle box. Suddenly, the doorbell rang and Adrien opened the door.
"Hello Sabine, Tom, please come in!" He hugged both of his father and mother in law and they made their way to the dinningroom.
"Mom! Dad!" Marinette jumped into their arms so happy and impatient to give them the surprise!.
"Paris in summer is really beautiful. It never stops to amaze me. You two, how's been the trip to London?" Her mom asked after they say at the table and Adrien was preparing the dishes.
"It's been the best trip of my life." She sighed and Mari's parents looked at her with lovely eyes. They were so happy to see her daughter, their little princess and fighter, become such a beautiful women, working hard to reach every single goal.
"Who's hungry! Because I am" Adrien placed the plates so they could start eating.
"Honey... you're different." Her mom noticed. Nothing can be hidden from moms. "You have... a different smile. Like... some kind of glow up."
"Maybe... haha... why do you ask?" She answered nervously.
"Oh. For nothing. Nothing."
After that, they started talking about London, the places they visited, and about the bakery and how Marinette needs it for some reason. Faster than they expected, they finished eating. So slyly Adrien lead them to the living room. They had no idea about what was coming.
"So. Mom, Dad. I... prepared a speech that I wrote in a napkin but I forgot where I put it. So I'm gonna try to say it by heart. Umm... You've been the best parents a girl could ever have. You taught me to help the others, to be kind, to be pacient, hard worker, fighter, happy... I don't have words to describe everything you showed me. But above all, you taught me love. And I love you. I'm so grateful for all you've done for me. I love you so much..." She started sobbing, but trying hard to not cry. " Okay, I'm not gonna cry yet. I made you something." She handed them the two boxes.
"Oh... Marinette, you didn't have to. We love you too, sweetie. And we can't be happier to see you on your own, being such a strong and beautiful woman. And Adrien, stop being so shy and come here. You know we love you too, almost as much as we love Marinette. You are our son too. And a very important part of our family. And the best gift you could have ever done to us, was making our daughter the happy woman she is."
Adrien was about to cry. What a tender feeling he felt.
"Open the box already!" Marinette exclaimed.
They did as she said. And soon, they were looking at some pijamas with some letter embroidered on them.
"Look! This is what I was saying. You've made this?? You're so talented. Wait..." her mom looked closer to the letters and started reading. "Best grandma" her eyes opened tempting against anatomy. WHAT?
"grandpa... HUH?????"
"MARINETTE. YOU ARE PREGNANT???"
She gave some little jumps and nodded.
"OH MY GOD... oh my god... I... I'm so happy for you!" Her mom started crying just as much as Marinette did in the first time and hugged her carefully. Just in case she would broke.
"I'm going to have a grandson!"
"It's a girl." She corrected him.
"How do you know?"
"OH MM INTERESTING QUESTION. Hmm... I just know, okay?"
Tom hugged them too. While Adrien was staring at the edge of the tears. How bad he wanted to have his parents with him and share this exciting adventure...
"Adrien, son, come here." Tom gave him his hand to add him to the hug. So his thoughts went away when he felt the warm of what a true family is. Marinette's parents always loved him, and they were so supportive. Never said anything wrong about him, and he felt like home with them. So it was so special for him to be included.
"And how are you feeling, honey?" Her mom caressed her cheeks.
"I'm good. A little bit sick sometimes, but Adrien is with me all the time. Well he always is, but now even more" She giggled.
"What can I do? I'm pretty excited, Mari. I want to capture every moment!"
"It's time to have another baker in our bakery!" Tom affirmed.
Everyone burst in laughs and the ambient filled with so much love and excitement. You don't always receive this kind of news!
"So... I need the bakery. I'm gonna tell Alya. But not without teasing her first."