Chapter 8. The best thing I have

Another month passed by. Marinette kept growing bigger and bigger until it really seemed she ate a whole watermelon. And the weather changed too. Now it was winter, it was cold, and every street in Paris was covered with the light layer of snow. And well, Adrien loved it, but Marinette wasn't friends with winter.
Of course, their insecurities never went away, and they had good and bad days (mostly good ones) but it was fine!
You cannot cheer up yourself saying that everything is going to be fine and perfect. Because if it doesn't, then what? You have to be prepared for everything. Of course, that doesn't mean that you can't feel bad. But you can always rely on someone.
Unless that someone has to go to work.
"Nooooo.... don't go!" She was hugging him like a cute teddy bear because well, she didn't want to be away from him.
"My lady, I can't skip work." He couldn't go. She was way stronger than it seemed.
"And you have to go everyday?" She latched onto his chest and didn't let him go.
"But we're together in the afternoon, bugaboo. Besides, don't you have to work too?"
"I'm the boss, I can do whatever I want." She replied with a smile.
"It's going to be only for six hours, honey, it's going to be okay." He kissed her forehead. "When I come back we can go for a walk and play with the snow, okay?"
"Humm... Okay!" She finally let him go. But she was cold. 24/7. She hated winter .
"I love you." He stole a peak and touched one last time the belly, because he loved to feel the little kicks the baby gave each time he touched her. It was the sweetest thing he'd experienced.
And once he was gone, Marinette sighed.
"What's wrong?" Tikki flew out from the miracle box.
"Um? Nothing, I'm just so, so, tired. And so cold. Urg I can't even sleep properly."
"You should sleep now. We can handle your work!"
"Who is 'we'?"
"The kwamis."
HAHA GOOD JOKE. No way. No. The last time she let the kwamis do something alone, the microwave was filled with chocolate everywhere.
"There's no need. I'm going to sleep a little bit."
And she did. She did went to sleep wearing the most comfy pijamas she had. And she napped for like two hours. Until she felt some urgent fingers knocking the door.
"Mom?"
"Marinette, I called you like six times and you didn't pick up. I was worried!"
"And I was sleeping." She yawned.
"No! Marinette, I'm so sorry."
"It's okay mom."
Sabine looked around her to find a box, a giant box, full of clothes, little plushies and baby things.
"Nesting impulses, honey?"
"Yeah... I feel the need of.. preparing everything. It's relaxing." She walked towards the box to look inside again to what she's been doing for the past month. "But I read that is a regular thing in the seven pregnancy month."
"What about the baby bedroom?"
"It's done! Come and see it." They walked through the corridor to reach a room right beside theirs and she opened the door. "Ta-da!!!"
The room was so cute.
"I still think you have a too big house."
"We still have plenty of space for two more kids. But look inside!"
The room was all light yellow. Like the sunset that covered Paris during the summer, or like the beautiful dawns each morning. And of course, it couldn't be otherwise, superheroes themed.
There were little ladybugs painted to the wall, like climbing it, and black cats playing with them.
On the door's right, there was the cot full of Ladybugs and Cats plushies.
On the door's front there was a huge window that let a view to the Eiffel tower, with a coach for them to sit down whenever the baby needs some attention. A little baby park was in there too, and some shelves with some of the Pari's heroes action figures.
"Oh! I love it! It has a lot of personality!"
"I know! We've been so excited preparing it. Now everything is ready."
They kept talking about the baby, advice, cravings, and some other related stuff.
"So, the doctor says everything is fine, right?"
"Yes! Everything under control. Well, I feel like there's a tiny dolphin in my stomach because she can't stop moving, I feel like my chest is about to explode and my back hurts. But that's normal I guess. Also, my usual clothes won't fit me. It's impossible."
"Can I give you some advice? Steal some of Adrien's. They are bigger and comfortable. And he'd love it."
That was a good advice.
After some time talking and spending the morning together, Sabine decided to go back to the bakery in case her dad needed help.
"I'm going to die of coldness."
"Don't you think that's a bit exaggerated, miss Marinette?" Kaalki got out of the miracle box with the rest of the kwamis.
"Ladybugs don't like winter." Wayzz appeared too. "That's why Tikki never wakes up."
"I'm not a real ladybug." She walked to her bedroom and opened the closet. "But I surely hate winter. Where are them... Here!" The rest of the kwamis surrounded her. "Adriens sweaters!" She picked one that was way bigger than the rest and dressed up with it. And oh lord, that was the most warm and comfortable thing she'd ever wear.
And so she started fooling around the house. Was she gonna work? No. Was she gonna clean? Pfff, not even kidding. Was she gonna count the hours left for Adrien to come home? Exactly.
So the time went by. She used the belly buds they bought some months ago and she spent a lot of time reading about babies, about raising kids, and well, nothing to do with it, but reading the magazines where Adrien appears. What can she say, she was crazy for him.
She still kept the old magazines when he was a teenager, and the flashbacks filled her head. All those moments she just stuttered around, him having to manage being a model, student and a superhero. And that time they found out who each other was.