Chapter 8. The best thing I have

ابدأ من البداية

Flashback: before Ladybug and Cat noir defeated Shadow Moth. My reveal version.

So here's the thing.
Ladybug and Cat noir couldn't be together. It was impossible. They had to move on. And they did eventually. Well... mostly.
Marinette still had feelings for Adrien tho, really strong feelings. And Adrien started falling for her even before he knew. They started spending more time together since his father wasn't paying him attention. Of course, he was busy terrorizing Paris.
And she felt confused, so did he. It was all a big mess. But while they tried to scape from the maze they were in, Marinette decided to make a move.
It was that moment under the rain he decided to walk her home, and they were walking together, too close, dangerously close. He had one arm around her while she was holding the black umbrella.
They were quiet. The tension was in the air.
Until they arrived.
"Funny. Hehe." He giggled nervously.
"Hum?"
"Each time it's raining we end up together. I find this funny."
"You are right." He was staring at her so intensively that she felt a fake heart attack. "It's always under this umbrella." She continued. "The umbrella you gave me that day..."
"This was my moms umbrella." He interrupted her. "And I never gave it to anyone. I didn't want to. But... you were different. You are different." He hushed. He seemed so concentrated on not getting lost in her eyes. Those eyes that reminded him of ladybug's.
"And... I always kept it." She giggled shyly. And she can't really tell when he started to see her differently. It simply happened. As if he were confused and suddenly he chose her over another thing. "Guess, I should give it back to you. You'll need it to go home."
She tried to give it back but he insisted not to.
"Please don't. I want you to keep it."
"But... why?"
He couldn't explain it, but it was meaningful.
"It is... like our friendship symbol. Right?"
And... all the magic dropped. He HAD to say it.
"Yeah. Friendship." She looked away.
Everything turned into a suffocating silence he had the need of breaking.
"Have a good night, Marinette."
He was about to leave, just turning around, but she couldn't let him go. She felt prepared to finally tell him. Regardless the danger of being a super hero.
"I'm tired of being just a friend." She whispered, hoping he heard it.
Adrien turned around, still too shy to look at her eyes.
"And... I'm tired of you not being more than a friend." He whispered back.
It was that moment where they looked at each other, when seemed like the world was ending. Like everything around them was burning and they were protected in a bubble.
"I've been in love with you since we met." She confessed looking straight at his eyes. Getting lost in them. Those green eyes that reminded her of cat noir's. "I never stopped loving you, Adrien. And it might seem weird because I'm probably not enough for you, but if you could give me a chance, I... I don't know, I'm a huge mess but when I look at you it's impossible for me to just talk normally because I'm so crazy for you that I just-"
And he kissed her.
He kissed her.
Their lips were together.
His hands were on her waist.
THEY WERE FREAKING KISSING.
He kissed her with all he had. Closing their eyes, hugging each other so tight. Not knowing about the consequences of it.
They were made for each other, in every possible way.
"I have a gifriend." Cat noir said to ladybug one of the days they were patrolling. Maybe their feelings needed to freeze but they still were good friends.
"That's great! I... have a boyfriend too."
"Oh! Really? Who's he?"
"You probably know him. But I shouldn't tell you his name." They stopped to sit down on a roof. "What about that girl?"
"She's so incredibly talented, and beautiful, and amazing... I just can't understand how I didn't realize it sooner." He seemed so in love... and She was happy for him. For real. "And you know her too."
"Okay, enough information."
They knew each other?
What was... the probability of... them...
No! Don't even think about it! That's impossible!
But the coincidences kept coming up. Whenever there was a villain, suddently he had to go. Whenever he fights an akuma, Marinette is near. And there were more coincidences. Her braveness, her strength, her intelligence. Everything reminded him of ladybug.
"Plagg... I have a really strong feeling that Marinette is Ladybug."
"Here we go again." The kwami sighed.
"Since we started dating I can't stop thinking that it's her." He lied on his bed with a lost gaze. "Too much coincidences."
"You shouldn't think about it."
"You know that since we met I believed that they were the same person, now it's so obvious."
"OBVIOUS? YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT OBVIOUSNESS? Don't make me laugh."
"I'm a 90% sure she's ladybug. And I'll find out."
He was suspicious. He spent the next week just asking Ladybug silly questions like 'what's your favorite color?' Or 'your favorite food?' 'Do you have a best friend?' 'Is your boyfriend famous?' As Cat noir. He visited Marinette as Cat noir more than once. And it was so freaking obvious. He just couldn't get why he didn't realize it sooner.
Nevertheless, Marinette was suspicious too. He was making it so obvious.
"I think Cat noir knows who I am." She said out loud to all the kwamis.
"Oh, no, really? Why do you say that? We didn't notice!" Trixx replied with sarcasm.
"And I think I know him too."
"Guys! Prepare the pop corn." Xuppu said.
"I have a strong feeling that Cat noir is Adrien. I mean... they are like two different persons. But the coincidences... since we started dating... Oh my god... I'm so confused."
"I can't believe she's still confused."
"Xuppu!!!"
"What?"
"Tikki... what do I do? I think we figured it out? Wait, that means my first kiss was with Adrien. That means I've been rejecting him for years. THAT MEANS I'VE FALLEN FOR ADRIEN TWICE?" She was freaking out while the rest of the magical creatures were enjoying the show.
"Marinette." Tikki was the one to advice her. "Are you sure of it?"
"I... I do. Like a 99% sure."
"You should go search for him..."
"We know... oh my god it's the end of the world! I can't let this happen... but..."
"Stop!" She bit her.
"AH! TIKKI!!!"
"GO SEARCH FOR HIM. GO NOW."
"It's raining..."
"STOP SEARCHING FOR EXCUSES."
Tikki was right. She's been just delaying the moment. She had to go.
"SPOTS ON."
A pink flash covered her and with a sudden rush she ran through the window to search for cat noir. And see that in fact he was her Adrien. That both are the same person. That she didn't have to choose or fight.
And so the rain was covering Paris. A heavy rain that reminded to that first day they met.
"Plagg, it's her. It's her. It's Marinette. She's ladybug." He was still in his bedroom.
"You know what to do."
"CLAWS OUT."
And without hesitating a second, he jumped out his bedroom to start running on the rooftops.
This was not how they imagined it. They figured it out. After fighting together for years, after breaking their heart to the core, after everything they've been throught, they opened their eyes and saw what's in front of them.
"There you are..."
She saw him in the distance, and she started running faster. So did he. The need of knowing the truth already was burning their soul.
She stopped when she was just a couple centimeters away from his lips, from touching them. There was a huge flame inside them. An urgent necessity of touching, of hugging, of kissing, of loving, of knowing the truth, of escaping from the story they had to live.
But they stood there. Saying everything with their eyes. So close but at the same time so far.
"I found you." He whispered at the edge of tears. "I found you, Marinette." He caressed her cheeks, so gentle as if he could break them just with a touch.
"You found me, Adrien." She grabbed his hands. In the middle of the rain, in the middle of the mystery surrounding them, they found each other. "It's you! It's you! It's you!!!!"
They melted in a hug, bursting in tears, holding each other so so much while they started to detransform. Luckily nobody was there.
"I don't know how we are going to do this..." She whispered, shaking.
"It's gonna be okay..." He said still hugging her. "I promise..."
"This was not supposed to happen." She sobbed.
"Hey..." He let her go to look back at her eyes, now, not covered with a red dotted mask. "If the world has to be destroyed for us to be together, so be it. Because I am not letting you go this time." And his voice was so strong, he sounded so secure, that the only thing she did was jumping again back to his arms.
"I won't let that happen again. It's us against the world."
"As always, my lady. As always."
And all of a sudden, she started laughing.
"Huh? What's so funny?"
"I just can't believe how blind we've been!" She kept laughing each second louder. "I was in love with Adrien and Cat noir was in love with Ladybug when we were the same persons all along! What kind of crazy mess is this?" It was impossible for her to stop laughing.
"I just can't believe that you are laughing In a situation like this." She cut the hug to keep laughing.
"Come on, Kitty, this is so funny. This kind of stories only happen to us!"
"I can't believe I fell for you twice."
"I can't believe I rejected you for you."
"I called you 'just a friend' because I was in love with you!"
"Don't tell me it's not funny!"
"It's hilarious!" He bursted in laughs too. And there you have it. The Pari's super heroes, just revealed themselves, and the first thing they do, is laugh at each other.
The instant connection they made, even stronger than before, was so powerful that it could literally destroy the world.
And after laughing for some minutes that seemed hours, and without stop looking at each other, they couldn't wait any more second.
"Bugaboo, I think I can't wait anymore to kiss you already."
"I don't know what you're waiting for."
Then BAMM.
A flow of feelings discharged over their bodies in a kiss so intense that could give energy to a whole city due to the chemistry they had.
They almost ran out of energy. And it was just the first of so many more. Once they started they couldn't stop.
This was the end of a chapter, and the beggining of another one.