PROLOGUE

"If your love is a punishment then let's hit the road, I'm ready to get doses of them."
~mysticalpoet_tee

~

"Get my divorce written by your hands" she wiped her blood bathed nose "You and Sarah have shown me enough grey till it deteriorated to black"

He undoubtedly knew of his child achingly growing in her womb and how black flamed it is to her health.

Wordlessly, He slipped out a pen from the right side pocket of his kaftan and expertly scribed a divorce for her, as if waiting for this moment of her weaknesses.

"I am a free man now." he mentioned exercising a smile on his face.

"Abubakar Sadiq Lameen" she smiled weakly "Me being on the hospital bed doesn't make me less free either, being in your web was poisonous"

She added after realising he wouldn't speak "And as you can see, an end is unfolding itself already."

The cold thought of meeting her Lord makes her grow weaker by each passing second, she's very sure of not making it or acing through all these. The burden she's carrying is a whole universe to go through.
Abubakar pinned his eyes on her laying figure, for the first time he realised how much he looks like her; His orbs are exactly like hers.
Her, being his cousin sister never mattered to him in anyway but the resemblance was much of a questionable thing.

"Ayyyyyy world's first sick person." he feigned sympathy even though, deep down his heart throbbed for her from a great distance "So, what did they say is wrong with you?"

"Ditto, you've wounded my soul again" she smiled yet again, "Well just Leukaemia, brain tumour and some complications regarding the pregnancy" Batool announced coldly.

She dipped her hand into her hair and drew it out with uncountable strings of her detached hair.
"see."
She gestured her occupied hand for Abubakar to see.

She stared at him with terror. She's done being silent. She felt the urge to let everything out of her, her heart twitched.
"Abubakar!" She called out, he was already on his way out but stopped midway hearing the horror and terror swallowing her voice and the bitterness it came along with.
"If I'm not wrong, you were once an economics student back then in secondary school and you know there's a huge difference between wants and needs, Abubakar, I only want you I don't need you which means I can let you go.Yes, I love you. It's not so less that I can forget you, I admit. But not so much that I can't let you go and yet, so much that I can forgive you."

~

A yay or nay?

Please don't forget to
Vote

Share

Comment

With love, Ayeesha.