Covention tension

Lilith was this very elegant lady, who walked with authority and poise. She was the picture perfect role model, someone you would aspire to become when you're older. I followed her to the covention that was being held at this witches school called Hex Side.

"What was your name again, dear?" Lilith asked without turning around.

"My name is Lexi, Ms. Lilith, ma'm." I answered.

"Well you're too follow my orders understand," Lilith inquired. Demanding reassurance.

"Yes, ma'm."

"Good. You'll stay at the door ushering students in, I don't need you embarrassing the emperor's coven with your lack of magical talents, are we clear." She expressed her distaste having to babysit.

"Yes, ma'm."

"Good."

After a few hours of watching what I could only assume were students walking into the auditorium. I should've expected this, funny how I had hoped for a chance at a new beginning, a better life, maybe a place to belong.

I really need to stop getting my hopes up so quickly. Taking off my stupid helmet mask, I was able to see better. Two students rushed past me, they looked excited to meet Lilith, I assume. Another sped past she wore clothes that were normal to what I saw every day back home. Hearing commotion, I saw one of the other guards speaking to another person pointing toward this lady who sped walked in my direction. She asked me to allow her entry which I did, I didn't know what was going on so, I paid it no mind. That was until the guard came up to me asking if I saw the lady in red.

"Sorry I don't know who you are referring to, sir."

He took out a scroll and showed me her picture, "this is the owl lady! Now, have you seen her?!" He asked in a demanding tone.

I shook my head, I don't do well under pressure.

He sighed and walked away in a huff.

I'm guessing that lady in dark red was this owl lady person. Shrugging off the suspicion, it wasn't my problem. I was told to not cross Lilith unless it came to this Edalyne lady.

After the presentation was over people were walking out of the auditorium back to the covention floor, "you didn't do anything to embarrass the emperor's coven, correct?" Lilith inquired.

"No, ma'm, I stayed at my post as you commanded me to."

"Excellent. I'll inform Belos you followed orders as instructed."

"Yes, ma'm!" I said nervously.

"Now, I want you to shadow me and you are to not say a word unless I permit you, understood?"

"Yes, ma'm."

I was starting to expect all my interactions and commands from Lilith will be like this. She's not going to teach me magic is she? Following her as she was explaining the emperor's Coven to some tykes. She ran into the lady in dark red.

"Eda?!" Lilith gasped.