Chapter 14 Part 3

Start from the beginning

Jesse parked the truck at the top of the drive way and Ethan and Rachel pulled in behind it. "Told ya you'd like it.", he said smiling.

He got out of the truck and unloaded her chair but instead of letting her transfer into it he scooped her up and sat her in it.

"Awe. Jesse you're such a prince.", Stef said watching them.

"Yeah how come you never do sweet stuff like that for me?", Rachel asked Ethan playfully.

Before Ethan could answer, an elderly couple come out on to the porch. The man was tall and thin. He work a blue and white western style shirt, Wranglers and boots. He was very handsome even with his greying hair. The women was beautiful in blue jeans, moccasin style shoes and a loose fitting white silk blouse, her long grey hair tied into a braid down her back.

"Hey kids.", the man called and came down to great them all.

"Hey Papal", Jesse said after Clint had hugged Rachel and Stefanie. "Thanks for letting us come down.".

"You're always welcomed here son." Clint told him and turn to Elizabeth. "And this pretty darlin' must be Elizabeth."

Elizabeth smiled. "Thank you for having us sir. Pleased to meet you."

Clint chuckled. "Anytime darlin' and please call me Clint or Grandpa everyone else does." He turned and called to his wife, "Sarah Lynn, come meet this pretty gal."

Sarah came down for the porch and hugged Jesse. To Elizabeth's surprise, she turned and gave her a warm embrace as well. "Welcome sweetie.", Sarah said smiling. " Well James, get the girl inside. It's freezing out here."

Ethan helped Jesse lift Elizabeth and her char over the steps and onto the porch. The inside of the Bennett's home was beautiful as well. The walls were wood as well with family photos and berry and twig reefs artfully arranged on the front wall. The furniture was tan and burgundy striped. Red gingham curtains hung in the windows and two old wooden rocking chairs set on either side of the stone fire place. "You're home is lovely.", Elizabeth said.

Sarah smiled in thank you to Elizabeth and turned to Jesse and the boys. "You men go bring the things in from the cars while the ladies and I get dinner started."

Jesse looked at Elizabeth. "Will you be alright?", he asked nervously.

"Why of course she will be." Sarah said wrapping an arm around Elizabeth's shoulders. "The girls well be in Natalie and Dixie's old room downstairs and you boys will be in Bill's old room upstairs. Now scat we women have work to do."

"Yes Grandma."Jesse smiled and kissed Elizabeth's forehead. "I'll be back", then he and the boys along with Clint went out to collect the bags.

***

"You're really sweet on that girl ain't ya?", Clint asked Jesse once they were outside.

"I love her Gramps.", Jesse admitted without hesitation. "I'm gonna marry her one day."

Clint smiled. When you're grandmama told me you was fixin to bring a girl up here I figured as such since we've never met any of your other girl friends. Then yesterday when that contraption arrived it left no doubt."

Jesse grabbed his and Elizabeth bag and flung them over his shoulder. "Now, if I can get her to trust me enough to love me back."

Clint clasped his grandson's shoulder and said, "Son, something tells me it's gonna be easier then you think."

***

As the guys were coming up the porch with the bags, Jesse stopped them just in the door way and put his finger to his lips. They were all quiet has they listened to Grandma and Elizabeth singing as they rolled flour for biscuits.